BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and ATLANTA, March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare organizations ranging from large city hospitals to rural community health clinics can count on Verizon Wireless to deliver customized wireless solutions that allow caregivers the ability to utilize resources that enhance the patient experience. Representatives from Verizon Wireless, operator of the largest and most reliable wireless 3G network in the country, will speak with healthcare professionals attending the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference in Atlanta today about products and services that can help change the way healthcare organizations operate.
"To give patients the best care possible, healthcare organizations must run efficiently, and real-time wireless communication is a powerful tool for meeting that challenge," said John Maschenic, director of healthcare enterprise solutions for Verizon Wireless. "Mobile technology puts health information -- whether it's lab results, X-rays, patient medical history or prescription drug information -- in the hands of clinicians when it's needed, and Verizon Wireless proudly provides the nation's most reliable 3G network to support access to this critical data."
Maschenic is presenting today at the HIMSS Conference at the "Telehealth and Mobility Solutions for Health Care" session at 3:15 p.m. EST in New Solutions Theater – Room 959.
Verizon Wireless offers customers in the healthcare industry an extensive portfolio of products and services that run on the company's reliable Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network, including:
- PatientKeeper® – PatientKeeper's mobility products support all operations systems while connecting physicians to patient information across inpatient and ambulatory environments. With PatientKeeper, physicians save time, increase revenue and enhance patient care. PatientKeeper enables physicians to interactively manage patient information across multiple locations, view clinical results, enter charges, sign out patients, and enter and order prescriptions, all from their smartphones.
- EPOCRATES Rx for Android and Palm OS – Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who use Verizon Wireless smartphones with the Android™ OS, such as DROID by Motorola or DROID ERIS™ by HTC, or devices that run on the Palm® webOS™ platform, including Palm® Pre™ Plus and Palm Pixi™ Plus, can leverage this mobile drug reference application to get prescription and safety information for thousands of brand name and generic drugs instantly. The application also offers Pill ID, which helps identify a drug based on physical characteristics such as color, shape and imprint code; table and calculators; and drug interaction information.
- Medicine Central and Evidence Central – Unbound Medicine offers two applications for Verizon Wireless Android, BlackBerry®, Palm and Windows Mobile® devices.
- Medicine Central is a collection of disease, drug and test information with literature tracking for mobile devices. The application features The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, A to Z Drug Facts, Drug Interaction Facts, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals.
- Evidence Central supports effective evidence-based medical practice by integrating analysis with the latest research. Clinicians can access Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines, Cochrane Abstracts, EE+ POEMs (Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters from Essential Evidence Plus), and MEDLINE Journals anytime, anywhere.
- Motion Computing® C5 Mobile Clinical Assistant (MCA) – Running on Windows® 7, the C5 is a hospital-grade device proven to enhance clinician satisfaction, improve point of care documentation, increase clinician productivity, and improve clinical documentation accuracy. The MCA is now available with embedded Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband capability to stay connected to hospital information and the Internet.
Nation's Most Reliable Wireless 3G Network
Verizon Wireless' 3G data network provides businesses in more locations than any other wireless carrier the ability to browse the Web, stay connected to critical information, and rapidly share files. Verizon Wireless aggressively invests billions of dollars in its network every year; in 2009 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $7 billion in its network to increase coverage and capacity and to add new services.
The company plans to launch its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network in 25 to 30 markets later this year. LTE will support the future of mobile healthcare technology by offering significantly greater network capacity and speed than today's most advanced 3G coverage and will support innovative solutions that will further enhance the quality of patient care and the efficiency of hospital business operations.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products for clinicians and healthcare organizations, visit www.verizonwireless.com/healthcare or call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ to speak with a Business Sales Representative.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (Nasdaq and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless