Video Ad Platform Clearstream Acquires EngageHD, A Mobile Platform Founded By Turn's Former Chief Of Technology
Dominic Bennett Assumes Role as Clearstream's Chief Technology Officer to Accelerate Mobile Growth
Sep 25, 2014, 11:15 ET
CHICAGO, Sept. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Clearstream, the first stream-level premium video targeting platform built for advertisers and brands, today announced the acquisition of EngageHD, a platform that enhances mining capabilities, targeting and ad delivery on mobile devices. As part of the deal, former Turn SVP of Engineering and EngageHD Founder, Dominic Bennett, assumed the role of Chief Technology Officer based out of San Francisco.
"By integrating EngageHD's technology and engineering talent into Clearstream's platform our clients can access troves of valuable unique mobile data, leading to smarter targeting, high-definition delivery and proven ground-breaking media performance for marketers," stated Brian Mandelbaum, Clearstream Founder and CEO. "In addition to the acquisition, we're thrilled to welcome veteran chief technologist and product innovator Dominic Bennett to our team to lead new product development and focus on scaling our services for the growing mobile video space."
Clearstream's core technology OpenStream™ unlocks the opaque landscape of video delivery and provides marketers with deep insights into the actual video and quality of each impression. OpenStream™ empowers advertisers with TV-like targeting and digital accountability with the ability to match content with context and drive brand lift. The platform offers five key solutions to brands to enhance online video delivery:
1. CLEARVIEW technology uses a dual-factor model that goes far beyond industry standards, reporting viewability rates by the second and increasing viewable impressions by 85% compared to industry standards;
2. SCREENSYNC allows advertisers to target across all screen touch-points based on active TV viewers at massive scale;
3. STREAM SEED uses targeting technology that lives inside the native video player and provides brands with more contextual relevancy, increased viewability and higher brand awareness;
4. LEAP AUDIENCE TARGETING, through an exclusive partnership with Leap Media Investments, can identify and scale audiences based on foundational emotional attachments to specific brands and media across 15+ sectors; and
5. TREND TARGETING, which allows brands the chance to target appropriate videos that are seeing a significant influx in views, providing increased brand awareness as well as an expansive reach.
Bennett is a technology and product specialist adept at building large scale engineering and network operations teams to operate high-scale, high-availability and real-time internet sites and big data systems with over 15 years of experience. Prior to joining Clearstream, Bennett spent six years at Turn and served as SVP Engineering, assembling a team of 75 people. His past roles also include Vice President, Engineering and Analytics at Claria and Group Director, Database Marketing at Wunderman Cato Johnson, where he was responsible for the Sony, Citibank, and Pepsi accounts. Dominic founded EngageHD in 2013 and has 9 granted patents.
Clearstream.TV is a Chicago-based multi-screen video advertising platform focused on providing advertisers with the most relevant, brand safe, and premium content online. Patent pending technology OpenStream(TM) turns the complexities of video into actionable data allowing marketers TV-like targeting and video transparency at massive scale. For more information visit clearstream.tv
Share this article