NEW YORK, June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Memorial Day Weekend has come and gone, which means just one thing: summer is finally here. For most Americans, though, that doesn't mean an exotic vacation or an extended getaway; according to the Cotton Incorporated Lifestyle Monitor™ survey, 68% of consumers (among those whose financial outlook has kept them from buying) say they will not go on vacation this year, primarily for financial reasons.
See video from Cotton Inc. at: http://inr.synapticdigital.com/Cotton_37407
That being said, there are a number of ways you can spend time with your family this summer without spending a lot of money. A picnic is always a great option because it's inexpensive and allows you to be outdoors.
"In the summer months, choosing natural fibers like cotton for these outdoor activities becomes even more important," Caccavo says. "You want to be sure that you and your family are wearing clothing that is comfortable and breathable, so you can beat the heat at your picnic in the park or while watching your favorite baseball team."
Cotton sundresses are comfortable and versatile options for girls, and can be layered under denim jackets or cotton cardigans when the weather turns cooler at night. For boys, lightweight tees are ideal, and can be layered under cotton button-down shirts for a slightly more polished look.
Watch the webisode for more tips on a summer with cotton that's fun for the whole family. And check out surprising ways in which cotton truly is The Fabric of Our Lives® with our latest edition of Fun Facts about Cotton:
- Baseballs each contain 150 yards of cotton.
- American paper currency isn't actually made of paper, but is instead composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen.
- Cotton is in some of our favorite summertime foods: from hotdogs to bologna, and from potato chips to ice cream. It's even in some salad dressings.
- Cotton is ideal for towels because it's so absorbent; in fact, cotton can absorb up to 27 times its own weight in water.
- Cotton Incorporated, funded by U.S. growers of upland cotton and importers of cotton and cotton textile products, is the research and marketing company representing upland cotton. The Program is designed and operated to improve the demand for and profitability of cotton.
Registered journalists can access video, audio, text, graphics and photos at http://www.thenewsmarket.com.
SOURCE Synaptic Digital; Cotton Inc.