DUBLIN, Aug. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sczqq8/video_on_demand) has announced the addition of the "Video on Demand (VOD) Market in US 2015-2019" report to their offering.
VOD service providers have added popular content to their libraries, including the latest in films, music, and other content. When viewers use VOD services several times a week, it creates an opportunity for service providers to analyze their viewing habits and ensure that they have access to content they might desire. The availability of customized content is also helpful in engaging consumers.
According to this report, the number of online videos watched increased twofold from 2012 to 2014. The online audience is no longer looking at videos just as a form of entertainment, but is using this medium to build a strong online presence. For example, the high volume of videos uploaded on the vendors' websites. Currently, in the US, more than 70% of adults watch online videos on a weekly basis. In addition, there has been a radical shift in video content from short films to those of a longer duration. Also, people have started watching videos on cellphones, tablets, and laptops rather than just on their desktops, which has increased the consumption of VOD services.
This report states that service providers are constrained by issues such as bandwidth limitations and increased storage costs with the need to scale services.
This study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary- List of Abbreviations- Scope of the Report- Market Research Methodology- Market Landscape- Market Segmentation by Distribution Platform- Buying Criteria- Market Growth Drivers- Drivers and their Impact- Market Challenges- Impact of Drivers and Challenges- Market Trends- Trends and their Impact- Vendor Landscape- Key Vendor Analysis
- Amazon.com - Apple - Comcast - Hulu - Netflix - VUDU - CinemaNow - Crackle - DirecTV - Google - Indieflix - Popcornflix - Rovi - SnagFilms - Time Warner - Verizon
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sczqq8/video_on_demand
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets