PELLA, Iowa, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's vinyl windows from Pella Windows and Doors have transformed into beautiful, durable and energy-efficient windows that offer premium features and options.
The new Pella 350 Series window line completes Pella's latest vinyl offering that includes vinyl sliding patio doors introduced in 2010. Both the windows and patio doors offer the energy-efficient options that will meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines in all 50 states and Canada.
"We designed Pella 350 Series vinyl products for homeowners who want it all," said Jodi Solomon, Product Marketing Specialist at Pella. "Now you can have top-of-the-line energy performance, low-maintenance vinyl windows and patio doors that are as beautiful as they are durable."
Energy-conscious homeowners want green products, but they're no longer willing to sacrifice aesthetics, style or design, according to consumer research company Iconoculture's Green Home 2011 consumer outlook. Enhanced energy performance and quality are the "new norms" for green products.
Pella 350 Series vinyl windows and patio doors have a premium look and feature Pella's exclusive energy-saving system that makes them the most energy-efficient product line offered by Pella. Vinyl products are a great choice for replacement windows:
- Up to 83 percent more energy efficient(1)
- Can help save up to 35 percent on energy costs(1)
- Pella 350 Series vinyl products are rated #1 for energy efficiency(2)
"Our new vinyl windows and patio doors help lower your energy costs but still keep your home comfortable — no matter the weather or climate," Solomon said.
Vinyl market is hot
Homeowners — whether building new homes or remodeling — are choosing vinyl windows and doors over other building materials, like wood and fiberglass. Last year, the market share for vinyl windows/doors increased to over 67 percent of the total window/door market for both new construction and the remodeling segment, according to the Ducker 2010/2011 U.S. National Statistical Review and Forecast jointly put out by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Window and Door Manufacturer Association (WDMA).
But until recently, homeowners had few design and style choices for vinyl windows and doors.
This premium vinyl line from Pella targets energy-conscious homeowners looking for beautiful, high-quality options to enhance their home and comfort, and also products that don't require a lot of maintenance and will stand up to the weather, Solomon said.
Top design features of the Pella 350 Series products include SmoothSeam™ welded corners on the window and door frames that are virtually invisible, giving your home a more distinctive look than typical vinyl products where the corner weld is visible. In addition, the robust frame profile with a beveled edge makes them look more like wood windows and patio doors.
The Pella 350 Series windows and patio doors offer these style choices:
- Full line of 2-, 3-, or 4-panel configuration for patio doors
- Full line of double-hung, single-hung, sliding, casement, awning, fixed frame and special shapes windows
- Three frame colors, including a dual-color option: White, Almond and White interior/Brown exterior (exterior dual-color frame only)
- Five hardware finishes: White, Almond, Bright Brass, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze
"Our new premium vinyl windows and sliding patio doors were purposefully designed to give homeowners more of everything they love about vinyl," said Laura Heims, Product Manager at Pella. "Their exclusive energy-saving system makes them Pella's most energy-efficient products while advanced technology, along with a robust design, makes them stronger and more durable than typical vinyl windows and doors."
Pella 350 Series window/door benefits
- Superior energy efficiency – Up to 83 percent more energy efficient than other top national vinyl brands
- Distinctive design – Superior look inside and out with SmoothSeam™ welded sash corners that are virtually invisible and resist warping and twisting over time, while the robust frame profile with a beveled edge makes it look more like wood windows and patio doors
- More choices – Premium design options, including simulated-divided-light grilles that create the authentic look of individual windowpanes
- Stronger and more durable – Sixty-one percent more vinyl, plus metal reinforcement, for stronger, more durable windows and patio doors
- Energy-saving system – Window and patio door frames were designed with up to 18 insulating chambers, three times more than typical vinyl, to help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Advanced glass options – Optional InsulShield® Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass with argon provides industry-leading protection from extreme temperatures and blocks up to 96 percent of the sun's fading rays.
- Reduces noise — Multiple glazing options, including 3mm/5mm combination and triple-pane insulating glass to help reduce outside noise by up to 88 percent(3).
(1) Calculated based on average projected energy savings in a computer simulation using Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Resfen 5.0 standard criteria for a 2,000 square-foot home when comparing a Pella 350 Series Advanced Low-E with argon triple-pane vinyl window to a single-pane vinyl window.
(2) Pella 350 Series windows and patio doors with Advanced Low-E InsulShield triple-pane glass with argon have superior NFRC U-Factors and SHGC ratings.
(3) Computer simulation average compared to single-pane wood windows. Actual results may vary.
Pella Corporation is a leader in designing, testing, manufacturing and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling and replacement applications.
As a family-owned and professionally managed privately-held company, Pella is known for its 86-year history of making innovative products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, the company is committed to incorporating new technologies, increasing productivity and practicing environmental stewardship to create satisfied customers.
Pella manufactures quality windows, patio doors and entry door systems sold through a Direct Sales Network operating Pella Window & Door Showrooms across the United States and Canada and select building materials retailers, including Lowe's®. For more information, call 888-847-3552 or visit pella.com. Follow Pella on Twitter.com @Pella_News, on Facebook at facebook.com/pellawindowsanddoors and on YouTube at youtube.com/pellawindowsanddoors.
SOURCE Pella Windows and Doors