BELLEVUE, Wash., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal","Company") (OTC Pink: VPLM) is pleased to announce that in January 2013, the Company has successfully demonstrated its Lawful or Legal Intercept Technology to prospective clients interested in the future licensing or purchase of the Company's Lawful Intercept ("LI") Technology.
The demonstration was performed using the Company's proprietary VoIP platform, including www.platinumphone.com, their smartphone VoIP application for the Android, Voip-Pal's Cloud servers and proprietary VoIP switch technology with wholesale termination being provided by Tata Communications. This demonstration shows how Voip-Pal's LI Technology is used to intercept a VoIP conversation under absolute stealth mode.
The Notice of Allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office ("USPTO") was dated and mailed on January 18, 2013 to Voip-Pal's wholly owned subsidiary Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica") on its patent application "INTERCEPTING VOICE OVER IP COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER DATA COMMUNICATIONS", allowing for the issuance of the Lawful Intercept patent.
The Lawful Intercept patent application discloses the technology on how the Law Enforcement and Anti-Terrorist Agencies can monitor VoIP calls of persons of interest. Because of the rapid growth of Voice Over Internet Protocol ("VoIP") services worldwide, the traditional wire tapping methods have become obsolete. VoIP is now the preferred choice of communication for criminals and terrorists because of the difficulty of intercepting encrypted messages across VoIP Service Providers ("VSPs"). Digifonica/Voip-Pal's patented technology overcomes the problem with its ability to monitor VoIP calls right on the VSP's equipment, independent of access methods (WiFi, DSL, Cable, Wimax etc) and under complete stealth mode.
"This demonstration truly validates the authenticity and potential of the LI technology for law enforcement purposes," states Dennis Chang, President and CEO of Voip-Pal. "We would like to invite other qualified VSP OEMs to contact us for a scheduled demonstration to test and see for themselves first hand. It's no longer a matter of 'if' this technology works, but a matter of 'when' it will be implemented. Several countries worldwide, including the US, are now requesting VSPs to provide LI access to qualified law agencies. It is only a matter of time when it will become mandatory for all VSPs. There is growing political pressure for law enforcement agencies to fix the problem. Voip-Pal now has the solution to that problem and is offering it to the World."
About Voip-Pal's wholly owned subsidiary, Digifonica (International) Limited
Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica") was originally incorporated as Digifonica International Inc. in 2004 and listed on the TSX stock exchange (DIL-H). The company raised more than $15M of investments into research and development of the most advanced VoIP technologies. It employed approximately 20 developers, some of them being well-known in VoIP industry, who built an integrated white-labelled VoIP system, which can be deployed for new Internet Telephony providers in matter of minutes. The goal was two-fold:
- Provide scalable and the most cost-effective solution for partners, when prices for Internet calls go down to zero
- Comply with government regulations of Internet communications against illegal activities
Soon after the first production-grade system was released for partners, it became clear that architectural solutions developed and operated by Digifonica, were highly advanced in the industry and required protection. Digifonica decided to dedicate sufficient resources, both human and financial, to work with the top Canadian firm practising in intellectual property - Smart & Biggar. That cooperation produced the results: Digifonica filed overall 5 patent applications, starting from 2007 (see "About Voip-Pal/Digifonica Patent Applications" below). The Patent Applications were all filed initially as PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) applications, came through International phase, then entered National phases in many countries around the world, first of all in US Canada and Europe. They all are in different stages of prosecution.
About Voip-Pal/Digifonica Patent Applications
1. Lawful Intercept ("Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150138, (Link to Digifonica Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts on VoIP telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept.
2. Routing, Billing and Rating engine (RBR): ("Producing routing messages for VoIP communications") US Patent Publication No. 20100150328 (Link to RBR USPTO filing): RBR allows new Licensees to perform subscriber management from their own existing subscriber management and billing platforms. This series of patent application technologies allow Licensees to setup and deploy VoIP solutions virtually anywhere in the world in a matter of minutes, without fear of infringing on mainstream VoIP patents. (see Verizon/Vonage litigation).
3. Mobile Gateway, US Patent Publication No. 20110122827, (Link to Digifonica Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): This patent application allows our subscriber, who has a Voip-Pal App on his smartphone, to connect to our VoIP system via any WiFi/WiMax/etc. network transparently for the user, and run calls via our system without incurring roaming charges.
4. Enhanced 911 ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications") International Application No. PCT/CA2008/000545: This is a patent application technology which allows for Short Code/Emergency Dialing; in other words, the ability to enable true Emergency Calling solutions to VoIP subscribers.
5. Advanced Interoperability Solutions ("Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes") International Application No. PCT/CA2009/001317: This patent application allows the transfer of in-session VoIP calls between disparate wireless technologies, enabling subscribers to roam seamlessly between different WiFi, WiMAX, 3G and 4G antenna technologies without losing a call.
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to residential and business customers. The company also provides VoIP communication and reseller solutions for its partners. Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is the enabler of international calls using VoIP technology on the internet, smartphones and PC Tablets. Voip-Pal's goal is to provide a quality, high-speed and cost-effective telephone solution for the casual and business international traveler who must rely on their smartphones, laptops or tablets in order to communicate. Voip-Pal.Com, through its wholly owned subsidiary "Digifonica (International) Limited Gibraltar", is a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 Billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth. The addition of Digifonica Gibraltar's patent portfolio greatly enhances shareholder value and will contribute to significant revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com.
Retail Website: www.platinumphone.com.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
Company Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
US Telephone IR Contact: (954) 495-4600
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.