BLACKSBURG, Va., April 13 /PRNewswire/ -- VPT, Inc., a HEICO company (NYSE: HEI.A) (NYSE: HEI), today announced that several new modules are available for the DVFL, DVTR, and DVHF Series DC-DC power converter product lines. The new output voltages on these modules satisfy the reliability requirements and varying output voltage needs of the newest avionics and military electronics.
The new modules now available include:
- DVFL single output, 120 watts – 6.3V, 7V, 8V, 9.5V, 18V, 28V
- DVFL, dual output, 120 watts – 6.3V, 9.5V
- DVTR, single output, 40 watts – 7V, 8V, 18V, 28V
- DVTR, dual output, 40 watts – 8V, 18V
- DVHF, single output, 20 watts – 5.7V, 18V
"We've optimized these modules to fit the needs of today's commercial and military avionics instrumentation such as navigation and guidance systems, flight data recorders, radar, and other demanding applications," said Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales. "We're providing engineers with a breadth of options for output voltages within our most popular families of DC-DC power converters."
All three DC-DC power converter families are designed and manufactured in facilities qualified to ISO9001 and certified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K and MIL-STD-883. Optimized for absolute reliability for the demanding environments of avionics and military applications, all of these new DC-DC converters feature:
- High power densities, extremely small sizes, and light weights for aircraft use
- Thick-film hybrid construction in fully hermetic packaging
- Full military required temperature ranges of -55 deg. Celsius to +125 deg. Celsius
- Critical reliability performance
- Wide input voltage ranges
- High efficiencies
- Low output noise
- Fault tolerant design with patented technology - no optoisolators
- Environmental screening that ensures rugged performance through extreme temperature cycling, shock, vibration, salt atmosphere, barometric conditions and moisture and solvent resistance
The new modules are priced beginning at $299.00 for the DVHF, $390.00 for the DVTR, and $685.00 for the DVFL modules in OEM quantities. Complete technical details of the new power converter modules are available at www.vpt-inc.com. For further information, contact VPT at (425) 353-3010.
About VPT and HEICO
VPT, Inc., part of the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group, leads the industry in providing innovative DC-DC power converters, EMI filters, and custom engineering services for avionics, military, and space applications. VPT can deliver its patented power solutions in a fast timeframe, with certified quality, at a comfortable cost. Every day, organizations like NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, the United States Air Force, and many more depend on quality solutions from VPT to power critical systems. Whether on the ground, in the air, or beyond, VPT provides the power driving critical missions today. For more information about VPT, please visit the web site at www.vpt-inc.com.
HEICO Corporation (NYSE: HEI.A) (NYSE: HEI) is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary. HEICO's customers include a majority of the world's airlines and airmotives as well as numerous defense and space contractors and military agencies worldwide in addition to medical, telecommunication and electronic equipment manufacturers. For more information about HEICO, please visit the web site at http://www.heico.com.
MMC Marketing & PR
SOURCE VPT, Inc.