BLACKSBURG, Va., June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- VPT, Inc., a HEICO company (NYSE: HEI.A) (NYSE: HEI), has introduced a new EMI (electromagnetic interference) filter module for distributed power systems. The new VPTc10-28 EMI filter satisfies strict reliability requirements for commercial avionics and military systems in the U.S. and Europe.
"VPT is a global brand, and this module was developed to meet the requirements of our global customers," said Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales. "Often modules developed in the U.S. satisfy only U.S. requirements. However we've planned the development of this product and future products on a more global scale to meet the growing demands of avionics and military power systems designers whether they're in Europe or the United States. The additional benefit to our users is the ability to design their systems for universal power systems which they can sell into both European and USA markets without changes in power distribution design."
The VPTc10-28 Series EMI filter and transient suppressor combines two modules in one space-saving package. This module reduces the reflected noise of DC-DC converters while simultaneously protecting a power system from inrush current damage and reverse polarity conditions.
Optimized for critical reliability, these new EMI filters feature:
- Up to 10 amps of output current
- Up to 150W of output power
- Wide input voltage range
- Transient operation up to 80V per MIL-STD-704 and 100V per DEF STAN 61-5 Part 6 Issue 5 and MIL-STD-1275
- Transient operation of up to 202V per ISO 7637-2 and DEF STAN 61-5 part 6, issue 6
- 45 dB minimum attenuation at 500 kHz
- Inrush current limiting
- True reverse polarity protection
- Wide temperature range, -55°C to +100°C
- Six-sided metal rugged enclosure
- Meets conducted emissions requirements of DEF STAN 59-411 Part 3 Issue 1 and MIL-STD-461C/D/E/F When Used With VPT Series DC-DC Converters
- Meets conducted susceptibility requirements of DEF STAN 59-411 Part 3 Issue 1 for Land Applications, MIL-STD-461C, CS01 and CS02, and MIL-STD-461D/E/F when used with VPT Series DC-DC Converters
- Intended for harsh environments including severe vibration, shock, and temperature cycling conditions.
- Testing is to JESD22, MIL-STD-810, and MIL-STD-883
The new modules are priced beginning at $248.00 each in OEM quantities. For complete technical details of the VPTc10-28 Series EMI filter module plus tutorial videos on measuring and designing to minimize EMI in a power system, visit www.vpt-inc.com. For further information, contact VPT at (425) 353-3010.
About VPT and HEICO
VPT, Inc., part of the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group, leads the industry in providing innovative DC-DC power converters, EMI filters, and custom engineering services for avionics, military, and space applications. VPT can deliver its patented power solutions in a fast timeframe, with certified quality, at a comfortable cost. Every day, organizations like NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, the United States Air Force, and many more depend on quality solutions from VPT to power critical systems. Whether on the ground, in the air, or beyond, VPT provides the power driving critical missions today. For more information about VPT, please visit the web site at www.vpt-inc.com.
HEICO Corporation (NYSE: HEI.A) (NYSE: HEI) is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary. HEICO's customers include a majority of the world's airlines and airmotives as well as numerous defense and space contractors and military agencies worldwide in addition to medical, telecommunication and electronic equipment manufacturers. For more information about HEICO, please visit the web site at http://www.heico.com.
Contact: Michelle Manson
MMC Marketing & PR
SOURCE VPT, Inc.