BENTONVILLE, Ark., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New year, new vision. Walmart and Sam's Club today announced that the retailers are launching an all-new online and phone contact lens program as well as reduced prices on many top contact lenses. The new contact lens program builds on the retailers' long-standing comprehensive vision offerings.
"At Walmart and Sam's Club, we are always looking for ways to make it easier and more affordable for our customers to live healthier lives," said John Agwunobi, M.D., president of Walmart's Health and Wellness Division. "This new contact lens program, coupled with our in-store Vision Centers and in-club Optical Centers, provides our customers with a true one stop vision solution."
Walmart and Sam's Club are bringing an unmatched optical service to customers and members. The comprehensive offering includes:
- New Online and Phone Contact Lens Program: Walmart customers can now visit WalmartContacts.com or call 1-800-741-LENS (5367) and Sam's Club members can now visit SamsClub.com/contacts or call 1-800-749-LENS (5367) to place contact lens orders and have them delivered directly to their home. Free shipping is available on orders over $50 for Walmart Contacts and $45 for Sam's Club Contacts.
- Low Prices on Top Contact Lenses – Walmart and Sam's Club have reduced prices on many top contact lenses, such as:
- Acuvue Oasys (2 week)
- Air Optix Aqua (monthly)
- Acuvue Moist (daily / 90 pack)
- Acuvue 2 (2 weeks)
- Biofinity (monthly)
This February, Walmart will also launch its own private Equate brand of contact lenses to give
customers even more contact lens options at low prices.*
- The Latest Styles, Shapes and Colors of Eye Glasses: Walmart Vision Centers typically offer more than 800 frames to choose from, some starting at as little as $9 for children and adults. Walmart Vision Centers and Sam's Club Optical Centers also offer the latest eye glass styles such as rimless frames or tortoise and metallic colored glasses, as well as fashion eyeglass brands.
Independent optometrists operate private offices next to more than 3,000 Walmart Vision Centers and Sam's Club Optical Centers to provide comprehensive eye exams, lens fitting and prescriptions by appointment and on a walk-in basis. In addition, Walmart and Sam's Club have on-site opticians in the Vision Centers and Optical Centers to assist with fitting glasses in store or in club.**
"For the 34 million Americans who are contact lens wearers, they will now find the most competitive prices in the industry at Walmart and Sam's Club," said Jill Turner-Mitchael, senior vice president of Health and Wellness at Sam's Club. "We are always working to ensure that our members and customers get the greatest value and service excellence for all of their health and wellness needs at Sam's Club and Walmart."
For additional information on the new contact lens program or to place an order, visit WalmartContacts.com or SamsClub.com/contacts.
* Contact lenses are not available in Arkansas stores and clubs. Walmart Vision Centers are not available in Oklahoma, Delaware or Rhode Island.
** Please note neither Walmart nor Sam's Club is licensed to make eye examinations as a dispensing company.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE : WMT ) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 200 million customers and members visit our 10,500 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of approximately $444 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE : WMT ), is the nation's eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Members save an average of 34 percent over traditional retailers. To learn more about Savings Made Simple®, visit SamsClub.com, and look for Sam's Club on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and our Mobile and iPad® Apps.
SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.