AUSTIN, Texas, July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Upon completion of an extensive system evaluation by the Washington Secretary of State Elections Division, the Verity Voting system by Hart InterCivic has been certified for use in all Washington elections.
That means that all jurisdictions in the state can now use Verity Voting's scalable central scan solution for vote-by-mail ballots, and they can now offer voters with disabilities improved accessibility with the Verity Touch Writer ballot marking device.
The Verity Voting system offers a completely new choice for all jurisdictions in the State looking to replace their end of life voting systems. Verity uses advanced voting technology to easily address all of Washington's election needs, including built-in flexibility that can evolve with the States changing election requirements.
- The state certification was awarded on July 7, 2015 by the Washington Secretary of State Elections Division after the system met the state's comprehensive testing requirements and was properly evaluated by the Washington State Voting System Review Board.
- The decision by the Washington Secretary of State Elections Division permits Verity to be purchased and used in elections by any jurisdiction in the state.
- The Secretary of State has certified the following Verity Voting system hardware and software components: Verity Scan, Verity Touch Writer, Verity Central, Verity Build, Verity Central, and Verity Count.
- Verity's accessibility and privacy features ensure an equal voter experience for all.
- Verity provides the most modern, secure and easily auditable elections. Election officials are able to quickly verify system operation and accuracy due to efficient, transparent software validation and plain language audit reporting.
- Verity provides efficiencies of particular interest to Washington election administrators; for example, Verity's option to defer processing for write-in votes until tabulation enables officials to tally votes significantly more quickly and accurately than with the previous manual process.
- In May 2015, Verity received federal certification from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC). More information about federal certification requirements can be found here.
Phillip Braithwaite, President and CEO of Hart InterCivic, said "With this monumental certification milestone in Washington State, election officials and voters who have relied on Hart voting technology for years, now have access to choice when purchasing their next generation voting system."
Karen Clakeley, Director of Strategic Accounts at Hart InterCivic, said "Hart is the current election solution provider to two-thirds of Washington's counties; we know what it takes to run successful elections in the State. With the Verity system certified in Washington, jurisdictions now have the opportunity to ensure voters and election officials are well served for the upcoming Presidential year."
Hart InterCivic is a full service election solutions innovator, partnering with state and local governments to deliver secure, accurate and reliable elections. Working side by side with election professionals for more than 100 years, we share our customers' dedication to ensuring the sanctity of the vote. Our mission is to help advance democracy one election at a time. This mission fuels our passionate customer focus and our continuous drive for technological innovation that makes voting more straightforward, more equitable and more accessible—and makes managing elections more transparent, more efficient and easier.
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Austin, Texas Hart InterCivic fosters an environment that spurs innovation and empowers employees to deliver great experiences to our customers.
For more information on the Verity Voting system, please visit www.hartintercivic.com/verityoverview.
SOURCE Hart InterCivic, Inc.