NEW YORK, July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The market size of waterproofing membranes is estimated to reach USD 36.62 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 9.2%. The key drivers for increasing the demand of waterproofing membranes are lightweight nature and durability, growth in end-user segment, and environmental sustainability needs and energy savings. Rising demand from developing nations is further pushing the market of waterproofing membranes in different potential applications including roofing & water management applications. Merger & acquisitions, technological developments & innovations and expansion are identified as key strategies to expand the waterproofing membranes market.
"Waste & water management one of the fastest-growing applications of waterproofing membranes"
Waste & water management application is estimated to register the highest growth during 2015 and 2021. The high growth is attributed to the increasing population, urbanization, and industrialization, due to which there is increased need for water management activities to optimize the use of water in developing as well as developed countries. In 2015, the waste & water management segment accounted for the third largest market share among all applications, in terms of value and volume, followed by Bridges & highways.
"Rising demand from Asia-Pacific is a major driver of the waterproofing membranes market"
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for waterproofing membranes in terms of value and volume in the forecast period. China and India are the two major markets of waterproofing membranes in Asia-Pacific. The Chinese building & construction industry has the largest share in Asia-Pacific resulting in an increased growth of the market. Also, under building & construction industry, relatively high growth was observed under the commercial building & construction industry, high-end real estate, and energy-saving policies, which are likely to drive the demand for waterproofing membranes in both China and India.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Others – 7%
• By Designation: C level – 56%, Director level – 33%, and Others –- 11%
• By Region: North America – 20%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 20%, Middle East – 30%, South America – 10%
The key companies profiled in this market research report are Carlisle Companies Inc. (U.S.), Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (U.S.), Soprema Group (France), GSE Environmental (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Johns Manville (U.S.), Sika AG (Switzerland), and GAF Materials Corporation (U.S.).
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the waterproofing membranes market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, expansions, agreements, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03948155-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/waterproofing-membranes-market-by-type--application-and-geography---forecast-to-2021-300297397.html