LAS VEGAS, March 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Wavien, Inc. of Valencia, CA, is demonstrating products and prototypes of RLT™ ultra-bright projectors and illuminators digital cinema and other large and small-venue applications with 100 to 24,000 lumens output. All are based on RLT LEDs.
The product and prototype demonstrations will enable CinemaCon attendees to experience in-person the benefits of the Wavien RLT technology in boosting the output of convention LEDs in illumination systems. For this in-person experience, please visit the Wavien booth at the CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, at Booth #1611A from March 28th to 31st, 2011.
RLT is Wavien's Recycling Light Technology, a compact, low-cost, passive component technology that increases the useable light output of conventional LEDs up to 2 times by collecting light that would be wasted in conventional illumination systems and redirecting it into a more compact, more useful beam. The useable LED light output is boosted by RLT with no increase in input power to the LEDs and no decrease in LED lifetime.
The prototypes being demonstrated include:
Digital-Cinema-Projector RLT-LED Light-Sources and Projectors -- Ultra-bright
An array of seven (7) red, green, and blue LEDs with LEDs provided by Osram Opto, that could enable a wide range of projector products and systems including:
- Ballroom and small-theatre RLT-LED projector with over 6,500 lumens on-screen output using a single array of 7 RLT-LEDs. This unit can serve as a Projector Block (PB) for the following scaled systems.
- Wide-screen HD RLT-LED projector system with over 12,000 on-screen lumens for regular movie theatres and bright 3D -- by image overlap and blending using 2 PB units.
- Quad-HD RLT-LED projector system with over 24,000 on-screen lumens for very large screens and bright 3D by image overlap and blending using 4 PB units.
GOBO Projectors with RLT-enabled LEDs or DPR light sources -- Ultra-bright
- Low cost, maintenance-free 1,000-lumen output, RLT- LED GOBO projector.
- 6,000-lumen, 7-RLT-LED-array GOBO projector.
- Ultra-narrow beam, ultra-long range, ultra-bright DPR GOBO projector with less than 3-degree beam divergence (uses Wavien DPR technology to extend the lifetime of conventional ultra-high-pressure arc-lamps).
Spot-Type RLT-LED Downlight -- Ultra-bright, high color temperature, low power
- 15-Watt, MR-16 RLT-LED, spot-type downlight without fan cooling.
RLT-LED Flashlights -- Ultra-bright, narrow beam, with up to 20,000 equivalent lumens output
- Affordable, pocket-sized, narrow-beam, RLT-LED flashlight with 1,500 equivalent-lumens output.
- Special Operations, narrow-beam, RLT- LED flashlight with 5,000 equivalent-lumens output. Buy now at http://www.frontgate.com website.
- Ultra-narrow beam, ultra-long range, RLT- LED lantern with 20,000 equivalent-lumens output.
These prototype demonstrations will enable exhibitors, theatre-owners, projector developers, illumination system developers and other potential users and licensees to experience and quickly understand the benefits of Wavien's RLT-LEDs for their applications and new product developments.
"Wavien is a US-based and financed, R&D and technology-licensing company working on illumination systems for digital projection, entertainment lighting systems, fiber optics, and architectural lighting. Light sources include arc lamps, LEDs, and lasers," stated Dr. Kenneth Li, President and CEO of Wavien, Inc., who is also the inventor of the RLT and DPR systems. Dr. Li added: "At this time, we have licensees of RLT and DPR systems in Taiwan. Wavien is also working with potential licensees in the United States, Japan, and other countries."
Wavien extends an invitation to interested parties to visit the Wavien booth in Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, at Booth # 1611A from March 28th to 31st, 2011. Please contact Harry Farrar for further details at 1.661.294.2900 ext 210
About Wavien, Inc.
Wavien, based in Valencia, California, is a technology licensing company developing long-life, high-performance light sources and engine prototypes for the projection and general lighting industries. Wavien currently offers licensees its unique RLT ("recycling light technology") for LED illumination systems and its unique DPR ("Dual Paraboloid Reflector") technology for ultra-high-pressure arc lamp illumination systems. These technologies can significantly improve lamp life, brightness, and efficiency in illumination, projection and fiber-optic products for in diverse markets ranging from entertainment, architecture, and museums to medical illuminators national security and general lighting.
RLT and DPR are registered trademarks of Wavien, Inc.
For more information, please visit http://www.wavien.com or contact the company.
Sales and Marketing
(661) 294-2900 ext. 210
SOURCE Wavien, Inc.