BOSTON, Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Waylens, an automotive camera leader that puts advanced vision and information into driving, today launched a Kickstarter campaign for a security camera that protects your vehicle and its contents in real-time through your smartphone.
This is the second time Waylens has engaged a crowd-source funding community. The first campaign, to develop the Horizon performance camera that captures vehicle data and overlays it into video, was an overwhelming success; Waylens raised a whopping 1100% of its goal before putting the product into production and fulfilling orders. The Horizon has since enjoyed growth and expanded North American retail presence.
"Where our first product amplified the thrill of driving for auto enthusiasts, our new Secure360 puts peace of mind in every driver's hands," said Haowei Zhang, CEO.
The Waylens Secure360 with 4G is an automotive security camera that captures everything going on in and around a vehicle, even when it's turned off and the driver is nowhere nearby. It relies on a suite of advanced low-power sensors to watch for abnormal movement or motion outside the car. If an unusual event is detected, the camera instantly turns on and starts capturing everything that's happening, streaming video to the Waylens Cloud and pushing a notification to the owner's smartphone in real-time. The first and only consumer automotive camera to use 360-degree imaging technology, the Secure360 is destined to be the best dash cam money can buy.
The Secure360 packs amazing technology into a beautifully-designed enclosure. The Secure360 relies on radar, a 3-axis accelerometer and GPS to detect unusual events. But what makes the Secure360 truly incredible is its ability to capture important events, even when the car is turned off for an extended period of time. With the custom battery pack, the Secure360's low-power sensors allow the camera to sleep with one eye open, protecting an unattended vehicle for an unprecedented 360 hours or 15 days.
The Secure360 with 4G appeals to all drivers who want to protect their cars, themselves and their loved ones from threats and misinformation.
- Car owners receive an alert when something happens to the parked vehicle, with a real-time alert delivered to their smartphone.
- In the event of collision, evidence is instantly uploaded to the cloud to eliminate any confusion about what occurred.
- The camera's integrated GPS helps owners find a car if it they happen to forget where it's parked.
- Parents can monitor teen drivers in real-time to make sure they're driving safely.
- Adult children can even locate and attend to elderly drivers.
The Kickstarter community will enjoy real benefits with early adoption. Super Early Bird backers will get the greatest deals.
- For a pledge of $249, a $100 savings off the retail price of $349, Super Early Bird 4G backers receive one Waylens Secure360 4G with a GPS mount, power cord, the Waylens Secure app and six months of service with estimated delivery in March 2018. This offer is limited to the first 500 backers.
- For a pledge of $149, a $100 savings off the retail price of $249, Super Early Bird WiFi backers receive one Waylens Secure360 WiFi with a GPS-equipped mount, power cord, and the Waylens Secure app with estimated delivery in November 2017. This offer is limited to the first 500 backers.
Other special Kickstarter deals are available with significant discounts. Beginning August 8, 2017 check out the Waylens Secure360 Kickstarter page for details.
"We believe strongly in going to a community that recognizes extraordinary technology, and that's why we're back with Kickstarter," Zhang said. "The community helped launch a breakthrough product and it showed confidence in the Waylens vision of improving drivers' lives."