LONDON, Dec. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Since the introduction of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in 2012, the UK wealth management competitive landscape has been undergoing a steady evolution. New business models have emerged as both new and old players seek ways to cost-effectively serve retail, mass affluent, and cost-conscious high net worth (HNW) individuals. A steady stream of direct-to-consumer (D2C) propositions have been launched in the market in 2015, ranging from simplified advice services to robo-advisor offerings and execution-only propositions. With the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and HM Treasury launching a consultation into access to advice, we believe this trend will continue into 2016 and beyond. Wealth in the UK, competitive Dynamics report 2015
- UK wealth manager activity is concentrated in London and South East England. This is unsurprising, as these regions are home to nearly a third of all UK-based HNW individuals.
- The market leader in terms of assets under management (AUM) is St. James's Place, followed by Coutts and Barclays. The AUM of the top 20 UK wealth managers grew by around 8% year-on-year between 2013 and 2014.
- Merger and acquisition (MandA) activity has largely been driven by increasing consolidation in the independent financial advisor (IFA) segment, with competitors with acquisition-led growth strategies (such as AFH Financial Group, Attivo Group, and Bellpenny) accounting for a major share of the 2015 MandA activity.
- To reach retail and mass affluent customers a number of wealth managers are launching or developing their simplified advice service platforms. Examples include EQ Investors, Charles Stanley, Investec, and Towry.
- The advice market continues to be a key focus for the FCA, which published guidance in 2015 on boundaries
concerning regulated investment advice and is currently seeking views on how simplified advice and robo-advice could help close the advice gap.
Verdict Financial's "Wealth in the UK: Market Dynamics" report is a comprehensive analysis of UK's wealth management markets.
What else does this report offer?
- Overview of the market structure by business model and client thresholds
- Competitor rankings by AUM
- Analysis of key regulations relevant to wealth managers, including: the FCA's guidance on retail investment advice, MiFID II and RDR
- Insight into the competitive landscape: MandA, new entrants, departures
- Key trends in product and service developments: new D2C propositions, mobile wealth
Reasons To Buy
- To find out the latest wealth manager rankings and benefit from the AUM data for 20 biggest competitors.
- To understand the key pieces of regulation and their impact on the wealth managers, such as MiFID II and the new guidance on simplified advice.
- To gain insight into the latest product and service trends, such as low-cost simplified advice services and wealth management apps.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3468631/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48