NEW YORK, Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wearable devices range from smartwatches, fitness trackers to glasses such as Snapchat Spectacles, which allows users to record life as it happens. With the proliferation of such gadgets, ReportLinker conducted a survey to answer two questions:
● What do people use wearables for?
● What are the most popular wearable devices?
Key findings show that:
● 57% of people are familiar with wearable trackers despite their newness
● And 40% of wearable device owners or potential buyers are motivated by the health benefits.
When asked what kind of device they own, fitness trackers outsell smartwatches almost two to one:
● With 26% of people mentioning fitness trackers
● Compared to 12% mentioning smartwatches.
In terms of brands:
● 78% of fitness tracker owners say they use a Fitbit device
● While 61% of smartwatch owners say they have the Apple Watch
● 40% of people say they have a tracker app on their phone
● Health apps, which monitor steps, heartbeat, sleep and other health measures, are the most popular, mentioned 21% of the time
● Followed by sport tracker and weight loss apps (11% of mentions each)
To see all the survey results click here.
Please let me know if you would like to receive infographics on the topic.
T: +1 347 903 1913
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wearable-devices-health-and-fitness-dominate-the-market-300408446.html