MONTREAL, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Mediative, a digital marketing company has compiled research that highlights how retail display advertising has the potential to drive significant online business to a particular brand or product, as well as have a positive influence on offline consumer purchase behaviour. Using Walmart.ca as a test environment, the study collected quantitative data that helps brands and digital advertisers enhance their exposure and better target consumers.
"While click through rate is important, it should not be the only measure of success, especially for retail sites." stated Mediative's President, Patrick Lauzon. "Display advertising can build positive associations, attitudes and preferences for brands, and influence a purchase without necessarily generating a click on the ad."
With Walmart.ca as a test environment, Mediative measured how online display advertising influences buying and brand decisions made by shoppers at the point of purchase. Brands that advertise at-retail are able to control their exposure throughout the purchase funnel and target consumers shopping with intent to buy products in targeted retail categories.
Register here for a free webinar on Tuesday June 19th, 2012 at 1 pm EST to learn more about the key findings.
Nine hundred thirty three (933) respondents participated in a rigorous research methodology generating data for potential clicks that can be captured by display advertising at-retail, in addition to potential brand lift resulting from display advertising at-retail.
Some key findings included:r
- Display advertising that is related to the intent of the visitor can drive up to 48.1% of traffic on product specific pages.
- IAB skyscraper matched to the intent of the visitor can drive 7x more clicks than one that is unrelated to intent.
- When a display ad is relevant to the visitor's intent, up to 87% of visitors to the page viewed it.
- Brands that are shown in display ads on retailers' specific category pages could receive up to a 60% increase in brand affinity, while brand affinity of competing brands could decrease by up to 33% .
As part of the study Mediative also captured some information about online, and offline buying behaviours of potential Walmart customers, the results of which strengthen the argument that digital advertising plays a pivotal role in driving purchase intent online and at store level.
- 95% of respondents research a product online before going to the store to make a purchase.
- Over 43% of respondents had made an online purchase three or more times in the three months prior to the survey.
- 73% of respondents say one of the reasons they visit a retailer's website is to research prices.
- If a retail website does not feature the products that the visitors are looking for they will go to another website.
The research includes a case study that illustrates how a successful at-retail campaign can positively impact retail sales. To download a full copy of the study, click here.
In partnership with Mediative, Walmart.ca provides advertisers with a reach to 3 million unique Canadian shoppers per month.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Media Contact: Aline Badr Mediative, 416-263-6782, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com