SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning December 1, Westfield San Francisco Centre will be the City's premier place to ring in the holiday season and experience the wonder and excitement that comes at the most joyous time of the year.
COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING EVENT: December 2, 5:30-7:30 pm
To celebrate the memorable events and entertainment occurring at San Francisco Centre and kick off the holiday season, Westfield will be hosting a fun-filled public Tree Lighting Event on Friday, Dec. 2 from 5:30-7:30 pm on Level 4 Under the Dome.
Free and open to the public, this event will unveil Westfield's beautiful holiday décor and spectacular new holiday tree, with hosted holiday beverages and treats. The event will feature appearances and photo opportunities with ballerinas from the San Francisco Ballet; theatrical performances by SHN San Francisco; live music from local jazz trio, The Speakeasies; as well as holiday cookie decorating and one-of-a-kind gifts at Westfield's "Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar".
WESTFIELD'S "WINTER NIGHTS HOLIDAY BAZAAR"
Between December 1 and January 7, Westfield SFC will host a "Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar" —featuring the Bespoke Marketplace that combines culture, cuisine, community, and handcrafted gifts created by some of the City's most talented local artisans.
Located on San Francisco Centre's Level 4—underneath the property's majestic and historic dome—this unique "Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar" provides something for everyone and every taste, while bringing unexpected surprises, performances, and entertainment alongside a fantastic holiday shopping experience.
Westfield's Holiday Bazaar includes visits by dancers from the San Francisco Ballet, performances by SHN San Francisco and the cast of A.C.T's "A Christmas Carol", as well as one-on-one time with Santa, Scrooge, and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
In addition, Chef Matthew Dolan from the restaurant Tap  will be on hand throughout the duration of the Bazaar with his special holiday-only pop up "TAP-n-Go" and a menu including sandwiches, chowder, beer and wine.
Open to the public on weekday evenings (4-8 pm) and weekends (12-8 pm) throughout the holiday season, Westfield's Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar features live entertainment every Thursday and Saturday evening, including scheduled performances on:
- Thurs 12.1 Violinist Nate Guinto
- Fri 12.2 The Speakeasies Jazz Quartet San Francisco Ballet SHN San Francisco
- Sat 12.3 Cuervoz Jazz Quintet San Francisco Ballet Meet & Greet / 3-4pm
- Thurs 12.8 Guitarist Peter Chung
- Fri 12.9 A.C.T San Francisco Performance 4:30-5:30pm
- Sat 12.10 The Singer and the Songwriter, 3-6 pm
- Sun 12.11 Santa Paws
- Thurs 12.15 Violinist Nate Guinto
- Fri 12.16 SHN San Francisco "White Christmas" 5-6pm
- Sat 12.17 Dueling Pianos show San Francisco Ballet Storytime & Movement Workshop 4-4:30pm
- Tues 12.20 SHN San Francisco "White Christmas" 5-6pm
- Thurs 12.22 Guitarist Peter Chung
Notably, Westfield's "Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar" also showcases a fantastic collection of new, emerging, and pop-up San Francisco merchants and designers, including:
- Sketchbox - gifts
- Fractal Flora – home/gifts, plants, succulents
- Less is more – jewelry
- Beaugant - gifts
- Jo Lee Style – women's apparel
- Kanjana Designs – women's apparel
- Shopsoko – jewelry
- Chloe+Isabel - jewelry
- The Good Chocolate - sweets
- Wood Thumb - gifts
- Spicer Bags - accessories
- BellaBeat – gifts
- Tinsel - gifts
- Nidhi - prints
- Good Common Sense - home/gifts
- Lara Ismael - jewelry
- Chan + Krys - women's apparel
- Judith Poe - jewelry
- Modern Shibori - home
- Millinery - hats
- Pia Myrvold Archive - women's apparel
- Tengri – apparel (Dec 11 – 23)
- Shop Cearah – apparel (Dec 1 - Jan 7)
- Jake Clothing - apparel – (Dec 1-10)
- Smart HomeSF (Dec 1 - Jan 7)
- SquareUp - gift wrapping + Photo Booth
- Omni - on demand storage + pickups
- IfOnly - experiential gifts
- Audi on Demand – holiday tree pickups
- Hemster – on-demand hemming
- Quickee Cam – photo booth
- Saints of Steel – haircuts + donations
- Kamigami Robots - robot + workshops
HANUKKAH FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS
To celebrate Hanukkah, Westfield will partner with the Bill Graham Menorah Project to host a "Festival of Lights Celebration" on Wednesday, December 28 from 5-7 pm on Level 4 Under the Dome. This community event is open to the public and will feature live music, traditional holiday treats, fun crafts for the whole family, and the lighting of the menorah.
For more information about Westfield's "Winter Nights Holiday Bazaar", as well as all of the property's holiday events and programs, please visit:
ABOUT WESTFIELD SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE
An architectural marvel located just steps from famed Union Square, Westfield San Francisco Centre has emerged as one of the most exciting downtown retail venues in the United States. Featuring the West Coast flagship Bloomingdale's, the second largest Nordstrom in the nation, a Burke-Williams Day Spa and Century Theatres, this destination is home to 200 favorite brands including Burberry, Tiffany & Co., Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, J.Crew and Zara. Award-winning cuisine including M.Y. China and Tap 415. Also under the property's historic dome, Westfield San Francisco Centre has unveiled BESPOKE – a coworking, technology, demo and event space perfectly suited to San Francisco's culture of innovation.
SOURCE Westfield San Francisco Centre