SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Pre-moistened towelettes, also known as wet wipes, are becoming very popular with adults as a "clean" alternative to toilet paper. Unfortunately, wet wipes — even some marketed as "flushable" — don't break down in water like toilet paper, wreaking havoc on sewer systems, household plumbing, and the environment. "There's no need to reinvent the roll," says Jack Falkenrath, CEO of Talon House, LLC, maker of TriQuell Hygienic Cleansing Lotion. "The safe, clean alternative is ordinary toilet paper plus a hygienic cleansing lotion."
The wet wipe market is now estimated to be over $6 billion dollars per year and growing at a rate of 5 to 6% annually. It's not surprising since it's hard to get completely clean with dry toilet paper alone. In addition, several members of the entertainment industry have been promoting the use of wet wipes and insinuating that people that don't use them are un-clean.
Here are seven reasons to use hygienic cleansing lotion with regular toilet paper:
- Home Plumbing – Wet wipes can get caught inside small pipes, on minor plumbing imperfections and on tree roots that often find their way inside home septic systems and sewer pipes. Once caught they can accumulate along with grease and other matter to form what plumbers refer to as super-knots. These can be hard and expensive to remove. Even worse, if these clogs are not treated in time, they can result in raw sewage backing up inside homes.
- Sewer System - Even if wet wipes make it down the toilet, through home plumbing and to the municipal sewer system, they can still cause problems. The New York City Dept. of Environmental Protection is said to have spent over $18 million over the last five to six years paying workers to remove wet wipes by hand. In addition, water treatment centers are spending millions of dollars replacing pumps and other equipment that was never designed to handle items that don't break down easily. Multiply these expenses by all the water treatment facilities worldwide and it is obviously a very expensive problem. This means that everyone is paying for the convenience of wet wipes in the form of backed up sewers and higher taxes and fees, even the people that don't use them.
- Filling up Landfills – After wet wipes are removed from the sewer system they are sanitized (washed) and hauled away to landfills.
- Stinky Trash Cans – Anyone that has ever emptied a dirty diaper pail knows that it is not a pleasant experience. For this reason and others, many adults are reluctant to throw soiled wet wipes in receptacles that are located inside the house.
- Increased Water Usage – Leading manufacturers of wet wipes instruct users to only flush one 'flushable' wet wipe at a time. This means that the typical user will be flushing the toilet several times during each visit. Obviously this results in increased water usage, which is especially concerning in drought stricken areas.
- Soothing- TriQuell Hygienic Cleansing Lotion features a proprietary blend of naturally derived soothing ingredients and was specifically formulated to calm perianal irritation. Because wet wipes are fully saturated, any soothing ingredients included are much more diluted.
- Portability - It's difficult to fit more than a few wet wipes inside a purse or pocket. Hygienic cleansing lotions make it easier to remain prepared since they come in easily carried compact bottles that often last regular individual users several months.
In conclusion, TriQuell Hygienic Cleansing Lotion and ordinary toilet paper is a better alternative for people that like the thorough cleansing provided by wet wipes, but don't want to worry about the potential negative consequences of using them.
Doctor Recommended TriQuell Hygienic Cleansing Lotion is a product of Talon House, LLC of Salt Lake City, Utah. TriQuell is fragrance free and made in the USA. The product can be purchased on the company's website and is delivered in discreet plain packaging. To learn more visit www.trytriquell.com/wipes.
Media Contact: Jack Falkenrath, Email, 801-556-8670
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wet-wipes-for-adults-are-hurting-homes-sewer-systems-and-environment-warns-talon-house-llc-300177561.html
SOURCE Talon House, LLC