BELOIT, Wis., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, where millions of online deal hunters go to stack discounts, announces their annual What to Buy in March shopping guide for consumers looking to save money heading into spring. The guide reveals timely tips to help consumers find hidden savings opportunities and forecasts heightened discounts on in-demand items like smart home tech, mobile devices, spring travel deals and winter/spring apparel and sports gear.
"A wide seasonal inventory shift collides with tax refunds, offering March shoppers very timely savings on high-quality personal items," stated Brent Shelton, online shopping expert for FatWallet.com. "Consumers will find some the lowest prices ever on last year's winter clothing, electronics, mobile devices and outdoor sports gear this month."
Top 5 tips for finding the biggest savings in March:
- Smartphone Deals: Following the Mobile World Congress comes news of the new mobile devices for 2016 (consumers can pre-order Samsung Galaxy S7, includes free Gear VR Bundles). New Android phones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality technology bring a fire sale of last year's Android-based models as cell phone brands and carriers market discounts to a captive audience during the heavily-watched March Madness. Consumers can save $100s on older smartphones, smartwatches and tablets this month.
- Winter Clothing Clearance: A scattered selection of top brand outerwear from stores like REI, Patagonia, Columbia and Land's End can be found at outlet prices, featuring 50-80% off quality thermals, pullovers, coats, boots and high performance outdoor apparel. Big box retailers extend season-ending clearance sales for the home and closet (Target currently offering up to 60% off and Macy's up to 75% off), as well as spring shoe deals featuring up to 50% off a variety of running shoe deals from stores like FinishLine, New Balance Outlet and Nike.
- Electronics Deals: 2015 4K TV deals get pushed to clearance following Super Bowl sales as newer 4K technology hits inventory, including 60" or larger 4k TVs priced below $900. Shoppers can also expect to save as much as 40% on quality consumer electronics from major retailers featuring deals on last year's wireless tech such as bluetooth and streaming media devices and a rising demand for smart home tech. Camera enthusiasts know this is a great month to grab some of the best pricing ever on last year's DSLRs, refurbished camera bodies, zoom lenses and compact digital cameras.
- Spring Travel Deals: Last minute Spring Break packages and March Madness hotel deals trend early this month. Late March launches the beginning of early summer vacation deals and hotel discounts for proactive summer vacation bookers looking to cash in on early summer travel deals and first-come options on location, seating and availability. Luggage deals are also a huge trend this month, offering shoppers some of the best savings of the year on rollers and luggage sets, rivaling Black Friday prices.
- Outdoor Sporting Gear: Winter sports equipment and accessories hit clearance all month, including some of the lowest prices of the year on skiing, hockey, hunting and ice-fishing gear. Last year's bicycles and accessories see 50% or better discounting to make way for newer 2016 models, as will collegiate wear, spring sports gear and apparel for golfers, cyclists, runners and NFL pre-draft and MLB pre-season merchandise.
About FatWallet: As the preferred deal site for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,700+ retailers like eBay, Walmart, Newegg and Amazon to publish store discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet has paid more than $58 million in cash back to its members since 2004. The new FatWallet Express button assure shoppers they'll get cash back on every purchase.