Social media aggregation site, WEFLIVE.com provides a simple way to follow and analyze Twitter conversations from participants of the Annual World Economic Forum 2014, Davos, Switzerland, 21-26 January
TORONTO, Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - WEFLIVE.com, presented by KPMG International exclusively for the Annual World Economic Forum 2014 (WEF), provides a single, aggregated view of the social media conversations from media and participants at Davos, alongside conversations from Twitter users around the world using #WEF or #Davos in their tweets.
In 2012 WEFLive aggregated over 20,000 participant tweets. In 2013 that figure had risen to over 96,000 tweets, and is set to increase further this year. Last year WEFLIVE highlighted that women delegates at Davos were significantly more active on social media than their male counterparts. Powerful data analysis and visualization features this year will enable visitors to WEFLIVE.com to:
- drill down into a real-time, interactive infographic that presents trending topics from Davos delegates alongside the broader conversation from Twitter users around the world - compare what the delegates are saying with what the world is saying
- view delegate dashboards showing stats on their Twitter activity and broader influence, as well as a collated, visual stream of all their tweets
- identify the top 10 most influential delegates at WEF
- view a stream of all delegate tweets and filter based on the type of content (articles, images, video), latest or trending tweets, and by delegate type (e.g. business leaders, NGOs, academics, cultural leaders, social entrepreneurs, technology pioneers, media and journalists, young global leaders and official WEF representatives)
- view a stats dashboard of all Twitter conversations from around the world - which countries take the most interest in WEF?
- search for specific trends, Twitter hashtags and keywords
- step back in time - as the week progresses, analyze activity and topics from previous days
"We are delighted to be working with the World Economic Forum's digital team to power part of the social media section of the official Forum website at weforum.org," said David Green, KPMG Head of Global Digital Marketing.
Media sites and bloggers can embed WEFLIVE widgets onto their websites using the simple widget builder available from weforum.org. Site owners can select which data stream they want to feature (stream of tweets, top 10 most influential participants, trending topics or all of these) as well as customize widget size and design elements to match the branding of their own site.
For the 'What the world is saying' view of tweets, WEFLIVE uses a combination of behind the scenes rules-based filtering, as well as human moderation, to remove obvious spam tweets which may contain malicious links.
Last year, Forbes.com highlighted WEFLIVE in the article 'Top 5 Davos takeaways'.
Notes to Editors
WEFLIVE offers journalists and social media commentators a unique, real time, insight in to trending topics at this year's World Economic Forum. Isabelle Allen, KPMG's Global Head of Sales and Markets, will be available for interview to comment on WEFLIVE trending topics and to offer on the ground insight from Davos, where she is attending as one of KPMG's five participants.
About KPMG International
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 155 countries and have 155,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG is strategic member of the World Economic Forum.
SOURCE KPMG International
Image with caption: "Follow what world leaders in Davos are discussing and use WEFLIVE.com filters to sort by what is most relevant to you: topics, content type (articles, videos, photos), latest or trending tweets or by participant profile (women, business, NGOs etc.) (CNW Group/KPMG International)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140115_C8789_PHOTO_EN_35530.jpg
Image with caption: "Media sites and bloggers can embed WEFLIVE.com widgets onto their websites: select which data stream you want to feature (stream of tweets, top 10 most influential participants, trending topics, or all of these) as well as customize widget size and design elements to match the branding of your site. (CNW Group/KPMG International)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140115_C8789_PHOTO_EN_35531.jpg
Image with caption: "WEFLIVE.com provides a stats dashboard of delegate activity and all #WEF and #Davos Twitter conversations from around the world - which countries take the most interest in WEF? (CNW Group/KPMG International)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140115_C8789_PHOTO_EN_35529.jpg