SYDNEY, March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Want to holiday like the Royals? Maybe even sleep in the same bed (just make sure they change the sheets first). HotelsCombined.com has compiled a list of holiday destinations where the British monarchy have stayed and, occasionally, even let their hair down a little.
- Phuket, Thailand – Princess Eugenie, daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah 'Fergie' Ferguson, is said to be a fan of this popular tourist destination. Spotted at the trendy Lizard Lounge club, Eugenie was seen dancing on tables after she downed beer with ketchup for a bet during a wild night out. You can of course slum it, like Eugenie, at a cheap hostel or go slightly up market and stay in one of many wonderful hotels in Phuket.
- Cape Town, South Africa – On the back of her New Year's party, Prince Harry's ex, Chelsy Davy, is enjoying the single life and has been spotted mingling with high society party in Cape Town. Chelsy recently attended a pool soiree at the Cape Royal Hotel, where she reportedly partied till 7am.
- Sardinia, Italy – Prince Andrew has recently been spotted holidaying on board a luxury yacht with a 24-year-old model off the coast of Sardinia. After sailing around the Mediterranean, why not continue to soak up the sun with a stay on this gorgeous Mediterranean island.
- Lewa Conservancy, Kenya – Prince William picked the Lewa Safari game park on the Lewa Conservancy, for his proposal to Kate Middleton with the big blue rock. Romantics alike can follow the footsteps of royalty, but if this is a bit pricey for you, why not save some cash and enjoy the many stunning locations that Kenya has to offer.
- Bohol, Philippines – After announcing Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement, where should the happy couple celebrate? Eskaya Beach Resort and Spa in Bohol, of course!
- Stornoway, Scotland – The Queen used to adore her annual cruises around the Western Isles of Scotland aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia with stop offs at Stornoway. She reportedly even wept when the ship was decommissioned in 1997.
- Barbuda K Club, Barbuda – One of the Caribbean's hidden gems, Barbuda, certainly has the royal seal of approval, as a favorite holiday escape of the late Princess Diana, which she visited with the young Princes William and Harry.
- Rabat, Morocco – Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are set to travel to Rabat where they will be the guests of King Mohammed VI. Additionally, the couple will also visit Fez for some "interfaith dialogue and cultural events"… as you do.
- Koh Samui, Thailand – It's all work for the Duchess of York on holidays these days. Fergie recently filmed a meditation segment at the Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary on Thailand's Koh Samui Island for her new reality series Finding Sarah, which was made for Oprah Winfrey's OWN network.
- London, England – There's nothing quite like the jewel of Blighty for high tea at the finest London hotels. Goring Hotel in London, a favorite with the Queen Mother, is also rumored to be booked for Kate Middleton on the eve of the Royal Wedding.
Online Media Release: http://press.hotelscombined.com/Press-Releases/Where-The-Royals-Holiday-2011.php
HotelsCombined.com is the world's leading hotel price comparison search engine. The site streamlines more than 2,500,000 real-time international hotel deals simultaneously, aggregating prices from online travel agents and hotel chains, including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.com, Agoda.com, Accor Hotels, Hilton, Best Western and Intercontinental Hotel Group. With no mark-up fees or additional booking fees, HotelsCombined.com offers travelers a completely free service to find the best available hotel deals.