COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- As Americans continue to hunker down at home this spring, they're cooking more often, trying to come up with simple but tasty meals their families will enjoy.
Wanting to make the task a little easier for people, White Castle's head chef and director of product innovation Phillip Bach is releasing the first-ever list of "Top 10 Slider-Based Recipes," just in time for National Hamburger Month! The inaugural list includes recipes that have come from customers as well as recipes that were created in White Castle's test kitchen. Each recipe features The Original Slider® or a version of it.
Some of the recipes in the Top 10 list have been around for years, while others are relatively new. All of the recipes can use either Sliders from the drive-thru or grocery store freezer aisles.
"You can make some really hot and tasty meals using our Sliders," said Jamie Richardson, vice president at White Castle. "We have 50 amazing recipes on our website, and our in-house chef chose these Top 10 for their taste, simplicity and popularity among the Craver Nation."
In no particular order, the White Castle Top 10 List of Slider-Centric Recipes for National Hamburger Month includes:
- White Castlerole – The simple but delicious casserole is a timeless classic featuring just four ingredients – Sliders, cheese, milk, eggs – and a little seasoning. Cravers can watch Chef Phillip prepare the White Castlerole on YouTube.
- Castle Con Queso Dip – This version of classic con queso dip features Jalapeño Sliders and includes cheese, salsa and refried beans.
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana – This tasty appetizer uses mushrooms, pepperoni and bell pepper in addition to Sliders.
- Queen's Breakfast Casserole – Fit for royalty, this breakfast casserole includes mushrooms, eggs, milk, onion and shredded cheese.
- White Castle Vidalia Dip – A whole lot of Vidalia onions are added to Sliders, mayo, Swiss cheese and bacon to create a delectable dip to serve on crackers.
- Loaded Mac & Cheese Sliders – Cheese Sliders are enhanced with bacon, mac & cheese and avocado slices.
- Stuffed Peppers for a Crowd – Sliders are the main ingredient in this classic dish, which also includes rice, tomato sauce and green peppers, of course.
- Hawaiian Castle Bake – A little rice, Macadamia nuts, teriyaki sauce, green bell pepper and crushed pineapple turn Sliders into a Hawaiian treat.
- Ultimate Stuffed Pasta Shells – Sliders mixed with Italian sausage, cheese, sweet onion and a few other ingredients make a perfect filling for pasta shells covered in spaghetti sauce.
- Brazilian Bruschetta – Cheese Sliders mixed with chorizo sausage and avocado aioli are the keys to this Brazilian-inspired dish.
"These days, families have more time than ever to cook and eat together," Chef Phillip said. "As a family owned business, White Castle wants to help families create memorable moments. That's why we're introducing our Top 10 recipes – so families can enjoy these delicious meals together."
Chef Phillip shows how to make the White Castlerole in the first in a series of cooking videos that White Castle is sharing with fans on its YouTube channel. White Castle will release more Chef Phillip videos over the next few months.
About White Castle®
White Castle, America's first fast-food hamburger chain, has been making hot and tasty sliders as a family-owned business for more than 99 years. Based in Columbus, Ohio, White Castle started serving The Original Slider®, made from 100% USDA inspected beef, in 1921. Today, White Castle owns and operates more than 365 restaurants dedicated to satisfying customers' cravings, morning, noon and night and sells its famous fare in retail stores nationwide, in a growing number of international locations, and at military exchanges around the world. The Original Slider, named in 2014 as Time Magazine's most influential burger of all time, is served alongside a menu of creatively crafted sliders and other mouthwatering food options, including White Castle's Impossible™ Slider, named by Thrillist in 2019 as the "Best Plant-Based Fast Food Burger."
White Castle's commitment to maintaining the highest quality products extends to the company owning and operating its own meat processing plants, bakeries and frozen-food processing plants. White Castle is known for the legendary loyalty of its team members, more than one in four of whom have worked for White Castle for at least 10 years, and of its faithful fans, affectionately referred to as Cravers, many of whom compete each year for entry into the Cravers Hall of Fame. The official White Castle app, available at iTunes App Store or Google Play, makes it easy for Cravers to access sweet deals and place pick-up orders any time. They can also have their orders delivered using one of White Castle's delivery partners. For more information on White Castle, visit whitecastle.com
SOURCE White Castle