SEATTLE, June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Pelago, makers of Whrrl, today announced they are kicking off the Red Bull Air Race in New York City by creating an exclusive Whrrl society for Red Bull fans. Fans who join the Red Bull Society will gain access to insider knowledge and perks at venues all around NYC, as well as special access to Red Bull Air Race events.
Specifically, Red Bull Society members will receive:
- Waived cover charges and drink discounts at select NYC bars and clubs
- Ticket deals for the Red Bull Air Race
- Red Bull Air Race viewing party notifications sent to their mobile device
- Locations and dates/times of official Red Bull Air Race "Take Off" parties
- Red Bull Air Race recommended happy hours
- The ability to share their own recommendations with others in the Society
Whrrl Societies are groups of people who share real-world interests, enabling them to swap knowledge about places and specific things to do with unprecedented relevance. Using Whrrl on their mobile phone, members will have all the access to Red Bull's recommendations at their fingertips, based on their location. Members will also receive real-time notifications when new recommendations and rewards nearby are submitted to the Society.
Joining the Red Bull Society is simple:
- Go to: http://whrrl.com/rb.
- Sign up for Whrrl in the following ways:
- Go to www.whrrl.com from the Web
- Download the Whrrl iPhone application
- Visit the Whrrl location-enabled mobile site, m.whrrl.com
- Members earn points for checks ins, creating and completing recommendations, and for inspiring other Red Bull members to try new things.
- As members earn points, they level up in the Red Bull Society and gain access to rewards.
- Fans are notified when new events, rewards or recommendations are submitted by Red Bull or other Society members.
"We're thrilled to be working with Red Bull to simultaneously bring their community into the real world and demonstrate of the power of Whrrl Societies, which provide unprecedented relevance to Whrrl users by bringing people together with shared real-world interests," said Jeff Holden, Founder and CEO of Pelago. "From the perspective of brands like Red Bull, Societies enable three very powerful things: real-world community, activation and virality – and brands with an online Facebook and/or Twitter following can quickly transform that following into a thriving and virally growing real-world community."
About Pelago, Makers of Whrrl
Pelago was founded to revolutionize the way people experience and explore the physical world. Whrrl, the company's flagship product, is a real-world game with a purpose, namely to end Social Rut - to help people escape from behind their computers and patterned lives, to get back out into the physical world with the promise of compelling, highly relevant new experiences. The company was founded in 2006, is based in Seattle, and is led by an executive team from companies including Amazon.com, RealNetworks and Yahoo. Pelago is backed by pioneering Internet and mobile investors including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Bezos Expeditions, T-Venture, Trilogy Equity Partners and Reliance Technology Ventures. For more information, visit www.pelago.com.
About Red Bull Air Race
The fifth race of the 2010 Red Bull Air Race World Championship season will be held, in partnership with NYC & Company, Jersey City, NJ and Liberty State Park, over the Hudson River June 19 and 20. In the Red Bull Air Race, fifteen of the world's best pilots race individually against the clock for the fastest time through an aerial race track made up of inflatable air gates. This year marks the sixth year of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship which will also land in nine cities including Abu Dhabi, UAE; Perth, Australia, and Lisbon, Portugal.