NEW YORK, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to Bowker's statistics, more than one million books are published each year throughout the world. How many would there be if there were a digital platform that enabled anyone to write, issue and share the contents of a book?
It was with this question in mind that a group of young developers created Widbook.com, a social network that enables members to write, read and share what they have written.
In contrast to a site that is only for the publication of books, Widbook makes it possible for people, alone or in groups, to write books of their own that can include resources such as photos, videos and animations, or submit contributions to the works of other authors.
The internet already has networks for sharing videos, such as YouTube, but so far there is nothing similar for the world of writing, which shows its full force in the success of blogs and Twitter, the social network of micro-blogs.
Key characteristics of Widbook include the following:
- As you write your book you are already visualizing how it will appear when published for reading
- Imports books you have written in other formats
- Highlights: all important passages of books in one single place
- Favorite authors can be followed
- Users can send suggestions and become co-authors of other books
- My Shelf: an area for organizing and classifying favorite books
- Users can find and read books by friends or by any author in the world
And most important of all: it's absolutely free.
Click here to access the new platform: www.widbook.com
Watch the publicity video: https://vimeo.com/42860220
Access the presentation on Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/widbook/widbook-presentation-en
Contact Press Office: [email protected]