SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Widgetbox™, the leader in audience engagement through web and mobile technologies, today announced the launch of Widgetbox Mobile, a mobile app service that allows businesses of all sizes to easily make and distribute a feature-rich mobile app in minutes without writing any code.
"One of the key features of our mobile web apps is that they are built with HTML5, providing an attractive alternate to traditional mobile app development while still providing users with the rich look and feel of native applications and allowing for distribution options beyond the app stores," said Giles Goodwin, co-founder and chief technology officer, Widgetbox.
"Given my recent experience at AdMob, I am very optimistic about the potential for deep customer engagement on mobile devices. I joined the Widgetbox Board of Directors because I believe Widgetbox is a leader in developing mobile customer experiences that are deeply engaging and effective, as well as being easy to develop for businesses of all types, which is a powerful value proposition in today's mobile market," said Ali Diab, former vice president of product management at AdMob.
Widgetbox Mobile is powered by the Widgetbox Engagement Platform™, the innovative technology platform that has successfully delivered over 20 billion impressions to over a 100 million monthly viewers. The Widgetbox Engagement Platform™ also powers Widgetbox's other product offerings including ClickTurn real-time rich media ads and web widgets.
"Widgetbox's Engagement Platform helps us both win new business and reduce the cost, time, and complexity associated with deploying highly-engaging applications," said Ekapat Chareonlarp, director of program development at IDG Communications.
Widgetbox Mobile: Build and Deploy Mobile Web Apps for iPhone and Android in Minutes
Widgetbox Mobile delivers the following to customers:
- Mobile App Builder: make a mobile web app in minutes without writing any code; create a custom app for a fraction of the cost and time of traditional native apps.
- Cross-Platform Functionality: create a mobile web app that works on both iPhone and Android devices.
- Widespread Distribution: distribute the app through multiple channels including social media, email, text (SMS), quick response (QR) codes, and your own website. No need for complex and lengthy app store approvals—just quick and easy distribution on the customer's own terms.
- Ripple Live Updates ™: edit an app anytime, any place and push live updates through the cloud-based online service.
- Advanced, Detailed Analytics: detailed insight into how the app is performing to allow customers to continually optimize performance.
Availability and Pricing
Widgetbox Mobile with standard pricing is available immediately at www.widgetbox.com. Custom solutions are available upon request.
Widgetbox is revolutionizing how companies deliver the latest web innovations to their customers. Widgetbox products are powered by the Widgetbox Engagement Platform, a cloud-based, highly scalable application development and deployment system.
Widgetbox products include:
Widgetbox Mobile: build and distribute mobile web applications for iPhone and Android.
ClickTurn Real-time Rich Media Ads: develop and run the world's most compelling ads.
Widgetbox Widgets: drive increased site engagement and utility with interactive content.
Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by the world's leading venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, NCD Investors, and Harrison Metal.
Widgetbox Engagement Platform and Ripple Live Updates are trademarks of Widgetbox. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.