FLORENCE, Ky., Aug. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Can the Presidential candidates save you money on prescription drugs? HealthWarehouse.com, Inc. (OTC: HEWA), the only VIPPS-accredited online pharmacy licensed in all 50 states, took a look at what the candidates are saying and offers advice on how to save money on drug prices today and after the election.
1. Shop around for better deals. Prices for the same prescriptions can vary widely even in the same zip code.
2. Go generic. Most brand name prescriptions have a generic equivalent that's much cheaper, up to 85% less. Ask your doctor about switching to a generic.
3. Buy higher quantities of drugs. Purchasing in 6 month or 12 month quantities will save you money. Ask your doctor to write your prescriptions for larger quantities. Explain how it would save you money.
4. Consider paying out of pocket. Compare prices to your insurance deductible, many generic equivalents can be purchased at prices below what consumers pay out-of-pocket.
5. Check prices and possibly splitting pills of higher dose strength. Sometimes the per-milligram cost of a medicine varies depending on the strength and by splitting them in half you can save money. As your doctor whether your prescription can be at a lower dose or can be split safely.
6. Shop online at HealthWarehouse.com for human and pet prescriptions, the only US-based online pharmacy with both VIPPS (Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Site) and Vet-VIPPS (Veterinary Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites) accreditation.
To download the infographic, visit https://www.healthwarehouse.com/presidential-candidates-rx-drugs
HealthWarehouse.com, Inc. (OTC: HEWA) is a trusted VIPPS & Vet-VIPPS accredited online pharmacy based in Florence, Kentucky. The company is focused on the growing out of pocket prescription market, which is expected to grow to more than $80 billion in 2016. With a mission to provide affordable healthcare to every American by focusing on technology that is revolutionizing prescription delivery, HealthWarehouse.com has become the largest VIPPS accredited online pharmacy in the United States.
HealthWarehouse.com is licensed in all 50 states and only sells drugs that are FDA-approved and legal for sale in the United States. Visit HealthWarehouse.com online at http://www.HealthWarehouse.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/will-hillary-or-trump-save-you-money-on-prescription-drugs-300306689.html