CHICAGO, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Wilson Sporting Goods Co., announced today the introduction of the BURN® FST (Fast Speed Technology) performance tennis racket and KAOS™ tennis shoe. This high performance tennis equipment duo has been specifically designed for "Generation Fast," a bourgeoning group of modern, speed-hungry, aggressive, big hitting tennis players who play predominately from the baseline.
"Tennis has gotten blisteringly fast. Our athletes need equipment that not only meets, but exceeds, the new speed and power requirements of the modern game," said Hans-Martin Reh, General Manager of Wilson Racquet Sports. "By working hand-in-hand with thousands of tennis players and tomorrow's big stars, our Wilson Labs innovation team set out to design equipment that supports an accelerated style of play. The results are a new racket that offers faster racket head speed, aggressive power and a personalized handle for optimal comfort, and an extremely lightweight shoe that can help players increase their speed and support their agility."
BURN FST RACKET
Built for Baseliners looking for the fastest racket possible, the BURN FST features a powerful combination of optimized construction and the latest in racket technology and materials:
- FST Octagon frame geometry allows air to flow around the frame and cuts through the air at any angle of attack for fast racket head speed.
- Patent-pending X2 Ergo Handle provides for an optimal, personalized feel on two-handed backhands. Nearly 80 percent of modern tennis players play a two-handed backhand, and for competitive juniors that number climbs to nearly 90 percent, yet modern rackets haven't evolved to accommodate this change. Wilson Labs developed a player-directed handle insert system that allows every player to customize an ergonomic handle shape to optimize their grip. The X2 Ergo Handle provides the ideal form for the top hand to dominate the modern two-handed backhand. This gives players more power, versatility, leverage, and feel.
- High Performance Carbon Fiber offers increased frame stiffness for aggressive, explosive power.
- Racket throat features a textured feel on key touch points to allow for extreme grip changes.
- Sleek, stealth-like graphics with racing stripes highlight the unique geometry of the frame.
The BURN FST collection includes the BURN FST 95, 99 and 99S. The BURN FST 99S includes the Company's patented Spin Effect™ technology for increased spin. This technology allows players to produce significantly more spin without changing their swing.
KAOS TENNIS SHOE
Designed for exceptional speed and agility, the ultra-lightweight, highly flexible KAOS shoe cradles and supports athletes' feet allowing them to race from sideline to sideline. This shoe has been constructed with the latest materials and footwear technology to push the limits in the areas of velocity and stability, while providing best-in-class comfort.
The KAOS features:
- Pro Torque Chassis™ Light arch technology for more control, greater push off and faster reaction times.
- Unparalleled construction – both in materials, including SKINGUARD™ technology – and in the shoe's modern, edgy aesthetic. Wilson Labs placed high performance materials on the forefoot of the shoe to provide support, enhanced responsiveness, and lateral stability and control.
- Dynamic Fit™ (DF2™) gives players the right level of comfort and ground feel via an extremely low-to-the-ground heel drop (9mm).
- Endofit™ Tongue provides an intuitive, comfortable fit, and added stability.
The BURN FST and KAOS shoe will be available at tennis specialty retailers and on www.wilson.com on January 15, 2016. The BURN FST will retail for $249.00 (USD). The KAOS will retail for $125.00 (USD). For more information, please visit www.Wilson.com.
ABOUT THE WILSON PLAYER ID SYSTEM
The Wilson PlayerID system allows tennis players to easily identify the appropriate Wilson racket model based on their individual style of play.
Through extensive player research, Wilson identified three core playing styles in relation to the modern tennis game:
- Baseliner – the player who battles from the baseline with consistency and speed
- Attacker – the player who attacks the ball early to dictate play inside the baseline
- All-Courter – a versatile player, who hits from all corners of the court
After identifying which playing style they belong to, athletes can quickly narrow their racket search by model type and weight. Every performance racket for Wilson will correspond with one of the three playing style segments, streamlining the racket selection process and ensuring a player's equipment is best suited for his or her style of play.
ABOUT WILSON SPORTING GOODS CO.
Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., a subsidiary of Amer Sports, is one of the world's leading manufacturer of sports equipment, apparel and accessories. Wilson is the global leader in performance tennis and uses player insights to develop products that push tennis equipment innovation into new territories. Through its dedication to creating products that enable athletes at every level to perform at their best, Wilson has earned its place as a leader in sporting goods for over a century.
Pros often customize the rackets they use, including string patterns. Consumer racket specifications may vary from models customized by Pros for match-play.
SOURCE Wilson Sporting Goods Co.