GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just as Napa, California is known as "Wine Country," Grand Rapids, Michigan is known as "Furniture City" – and has been since the 1800s when the city became a major lumbering center and the first city in the United States to mass-produce fine furniture.
This nickname has set the standard exceptionally high for the craftsmanship that is done in Grand Rapids, particularly in custom-built homes. Just as people flock to Napa to get the best wine around, many people are beginning to venture to Grand Rapids for their homebuilder and home remodeler needs.
Falcon Custom Homes has been in the business of building custom homes in the Greater Grand Rapids area for over ten years. Nate Abbott, part owner of Falcon, says it's the city's level of craftsmanship that is rooted in home builders, furniture makers, contractors and other artisans, that makes Grand Rapids such a unique market to work in.
"The competition in Grand Rapids is very high," Abbott said, "it forces us to stay on top of our game because if we don't, there are so many other skilled builders in the area that will surpass us." Abbott says the competition motivates him and his team to be constantly improving and doing the best work they can do.
There are several examples of craftsmanship that come second nature to Falcon's homes, including:
- Custom built-ins and products are installed and put together before the painter comes in to finish with a clean, polished look.
- Smooth ceilings increase natural light and create a cleaner, more open look and feel.
- Outlets provide a symmetrical look and keep cords from being a safety hazard because they are centered in the base moldings of walls.
- A security system is installed and centered in relation the surrounding light switches for greater functionality and a polished look.
- 2 x 6 ft. walls maximize energy efficiency and reduce sound transfer.
- 8-foot tall doors create a feeling of elegance and openness within the home.
"Falcon strives to carry Grand Rapids' legacy of craftsmanship through every aspect of the homes we build," said Abbott. Falcon's craftsmanship and attention to detail has earned the company numerous awards for best home exterior, best home interior, best floor plan and best landscaping, to name a few.
Founded in 2003, Falcon Custom Homes is a Grand Rapids, Michigan based company that provides an experience like no other to West Michigan homebuyers. Founders Dustin Carpenter and Nathan Abbott have over 15 years of construction experience as well as degrees in construction management from Michigan State. For more information on Falcon Custom Homes, please call 765-418-5774 or visit http://www.homesbyfalcon.com.
Public Relations Director
SOURCE Falcon Custom Homes