LONDON, Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
This report provides a detailed analysis of customer preferences throughout the North American mining sector, focusing on the factors that influence purchasing decisions and the performance of major equipment suppliers. The analysis is based on Timetric's extensive survey of 101 mine managers and procurement managers.
Areas of analysis include:
- Customer priorities when buying mining equipment, with ratings of the importance of 18 separate factors, and the satisfaction ratings on 16 factors, for customers when choosing mining equipment, including cost factors, supplier attributes and product attributes.
- Ratings of current suppliers across the same factors, identifying the best-performing suppliers and how well suppliers performed versus the importance of each factor.
- In-depth analysis of the major suppliers Caterpillar, Joy Global, Komatsu and Atlas Copco, including their overall performance ratings and their ratings for each of the factors relative to its importance.
- Rankings of the leading suppliers for each equipment type, with respondents indicating who they viewed as the top suppliers throughout North America for trucks, excavators, loaders, shovels, dozers, drills, longwalls, engines, tyres, pumps and mining software.
- Insight into the likelihood of switching supplier and key action points for suppliers, outlining required product and service improvements.
Overall trends in the data revealed:
- Customer priorities in supplier selection are product quality and availability of parts.
- Suppliers perform well, especially for 'opportunity to develop a long term relationship', 'average total operating hours' and 'breadth of supplier's product range'.
- Joy Global received the highest average satisfaction ratings in 10 of the 16 factors, although Caterpillar was considered the leading supplier for most categories of mining equipment.
- Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process, alongside the maintenance and services provided.
- Customers throughout North America are happy with their current supplier but 27% are open to change in the next 5 years.
- Product quality and reliability was the stand out area identified for improvement, followed by availability of parts and ability to support cost reduction.
The report is based on responses from a survey of 101 senior managers at operating mines in Canada and the US, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Respondents included a wide range of different commodity groups and both surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
- When choosing an equipment supplier, respondents rate 'Product quality/reliability', 'Availability of replacement parts' and 'Maintenance and service costs' as most important.
- Overall the major suppliers such as Caterpillar, Joy Global, Komatsu, and Atlas Copco performed consistently well in terms of customer satisfaction.
- Account managers make a significant impact in setting a manufacturer apart from the competition as the respondents cited 'Better timing of contact', 'Better ability to build long-term relationships' 'Better understanding of your needs' as key differentiating factors when choosing their current main supplier.
- The three leading areas for improvement identified by respondents were 'product quality and reliability', 'availability of spare parts', and 'ability to support cost reduction'.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3075608/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers