Wipolo's new iPhone app: the Ultimate Social Travel Experience!
Apr 24, 2012, 10:00 ET
PARIS, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
More trips, more discoveries, more social travel!
Wipolo has already become THE social travel platform, chosen by Facebook as its travel app for the whole of Europe. Wipolo's new app is based on the HTML 5 mobile technology. The team took advantage of the experience gained with Facebook's platform to offer the best "social travel" experience possible to its users on their iPhones.
Wipolo's app: the best of social travel anytime, anywhere
The launch of the new Wipolo iPhone app follows the success of its platform. More than 70 000 travelers connect via the platform to share their latest adventures with their friends! They can now enjoy all of the website's best features, directly on the app.
A few clicks suffice to add or complete a trip with new stopping places. Plus, interacting with friends about undertaken trips has never been so easy and fun!
Wipolo's app: new exciting features!
- Add trips and reservations (hotels, flights, restaurants,…) and modify them if necessary
- Tag friends in trips
- Access newsfeeds on the home page, allowing them to follow, comment on or consult friends' trips
- Benefit from a new notification system (through push)
- Enjoy a new profile page with statistics (number of kilometers they have traveled, for example), a map of visited destinations and a wishlist
- Discover a new "explore" section: 2 million destination pages they can consult! They can also check which of their friends have been or wish to go there
Wipolo is an international web and mobile platform, connecting travelers with their friends. All cofounders have an international experience in the US and the Wipolo team won the Facebook Hackaton in San Francisco during the F8 conference.
This service is published by Actimos. Actimos vision and technology was rewarded by Red Herring Magazine in 2010. Wipolo is available on the web and the five major mobile platforms (online and offline): IPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Bada.
The company targets 1 million members by the end of 2012.
Offices in Asia and the US opening soon.
Staff: 10 people
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
Share this article