TAIPEI, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Appier, the cross-screen marketing technology company, today published its latest Cross-Screen User Behavior Research Report, which analyzes user behaviors across PCs, smartphones, and tablets in different markets. The report is based on the data from Appier campaigns run in the second half of 2014 in 8 markets, including Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam. Based on real user behaviors and patterns across different devices, the report includes the following key findings:
- Insight on cross-screen user behavior is becoming increasingly important. More than one-fourth of multi-device users (people who own two or more devices) own three or more devices.
- User behaviors across devices are extremely complex and cannot be easily predicted.
- 40% of users demonstrate highly similar behaviors across different devices, while 25% of users show completely different behaviors.
- User behaviors for PCs, smartphones, and tablets are highly dependent on time of day, day of week.
- There is a user trend on larger phones (>5 inch) and smaller tablets (7-8.9 inch) in Q4, while Mid-size screen devices still make up for the majority.
- Engaging ad formats still allow for more interactions.
- Native ads show better performance than general banner ads.
- Ad effects can vary based on device types and screen sizes in game, retail, and travel industries.
"The report demonstrates the complexity of user behaviors across multiple devices. Without intelligent data analysis, it's difficult for marketers to predict their target audiences' user behavior in this multi-screen era. At Appier, we leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and big data to provide real consumer insights for marketers to develop their customized and localized marketing campaigns, capturing the most valuable target audiences, and thus achieve ultimate ROI," said Chih-Han Yu, Appier co-founder and CEO.
Headquartered in Taipei, Appier received a US$6 million Series A round of funding from Sequoia Capital as well as the opening of a new office in Tokyo and Sydney, Appier has had an office in Taipei, San Francisco, and Singapore since 2012.
Founded in 2012, Appier is a technology company offering next generation cross-screen marketing solutions to advertisers across the globe. Headquartered in Taipei, with offices in San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney, Appier is passionate about making advertisement the preferred content that connects businesses and users. To download Appier's research report, please visit blog.appier.com/category/report/. For more information, please visit http://www.appier.com.
SOURCE Appier Inc.