NEW YORK, April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- WJB Capital Group, Inc. (WJB), a privately held institutional broker-dealer and a member of the NYSE, FINRA, SIPC, and other principal exchanges, today announced its "Starting Lineup" for its Third Annual Charity Day to be held on Thursday, May 12, 2011.
Craig Rothfeld, Chief Executive Officer of WJB said, "We are extremely pleased to partner once again with legends of college basketball, like Coach Jim Boeheim, Coach Bo Ryan and Jay Williams, to help those among us who are less fortunate. With a multi-year track record of successful growth, WJB continues to fulfill our obligation to our community by helping to find a cure for cancer, building new homes for families in need and supporting and promoting higher education for family members of those serving in our armed forces. As Charity Day approaches I am confident that we will surpass last year's record $1.2 million in commissions donated and continue to expand this event in years to come."
WJB traders will take to the trading floor with basketball superstars, veterans and TV personalities to raise funds for Coaches vs. Cancer, No Greater Sacrifice, Habitat for Humanity, ThanksUSA, JEC, National Foundation for Veteran Redeployment and Aish Hatorah Inc. All eligible and approved trading commissions collected on Charity Day will be donated to these organizations.
Below is a partial list of confirmed participants for Charity Day 2011:
- Coach Jim Boeheim, Syracuse University
- Coach Bo Ryan, University of Wisconsin
- Coach Will Brown, University at Albany, The State University of New York
- Coach Mo Cassera, Hofstra University
- Coach Matt Doherty (a.k.a. "Coach Doh"), Southern Methodist University
- Coach John Dunne, St. Peter's College
- Coach Bob Hurley, Sr., St. Anthony's High School
- Coaches Danny and Bobby Hurley, Jr., Wagner College
- Coach Steve Masiello, Manhattan College
- Coach Tom Pecora, Fordham University
- Assistant Coach Mike Hopkins, Syracuse University
- Graduate Assistant Coach, Gerry McNamara, Syracuse University
- Kenny Dennard, Dennard Rupp Gray & Lascar, LLC, Duke University Class of '81, former NBA Basketball Player
- Jason Hart, Syracuse University Basketball, '97-'00, member of the Minnesota Timberwolves, nine year NBA veteran
- John Wallace, Syracuse University Basketball, '83-'86, NCAA Consensus All-American in 1996, former NBA Basketball Player
- Dwayne "Pearl" Washington, Syracuse University Basketball, '88-'91, former NBA Basketball Player
- Jason "Jay" Williams, Duke University Basketball, '99-'02, 2002, Naismith College Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy winner and John R. Wooden Award winner, number two overall NBA Draft Pick in 2002, former NBA Basketball Player
- Donald W. Distasio, CEO, American Cancer Society Eastern Division, Inc.
- Lieutenant General Kenneth A. Minihan, U.S. Air Force and ThanksUSA
- Jim Satalin, National Director, Coaches vs. Cancer
WJB Capital will also ring the NASDAQ Closing Bell to end trading on May 12th to celebrate another successful Charity Day. WJB will host Charity Day in its new 32,000 square foot headquarters at 909 Third Avenue in New York City.
WJB Capital Group, Inc. is a privately held institutional broker-dealer and a member of the NYSE, FINRA, SIPC, and other principal exchanges. Since its founding in 1993, WJB Capital has employed a partnership philosophy that focuses on customer-centric trading and execution solutions to the buy side. WJB now offers an extensive suite of global trading and execution services; agency equity and derivative executions; a dedicated corporate access team; macro, technical, derivative, TMT, healthcare, and industrials & infrastructure research; and comprehensive commission management solutions. WJB operates its own live trading desks for all major U.S. equity and option exchanges as well as in the global market centers of Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, and South Africa.
WJB Capital Group
Donald C. Cutler
Kekst and Company
SOURCE WJB Capital Group, Inc.