SAN JOSE, Calif., June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Women in Consulting (WIC), a collaborative community of professional consultants and small business owners, today announced its third quarter 2010 programs, including webinars, in-person events, and notably, WIC's 9th Annual Compensation Survey.
Events slated for the third quarter include:
- July 7, 11:00am – 12:00pm: "Discover How to Navigate the Healthcare Maze for Quality, Affordable Health Coverage," presented by Jason Andrew of Stone Meadow Benefits & Insurance Associates (Webinar)
- July 7, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: "Successful Client Relationship Strategies," presented by Deborah Doyle and Annalyn Duke (Marin/North Bay Networking Meeting, Unity Center, Novato)
- July 14, 11:30am – 1:00pm: Summer Networking Meeting (East Bay Networking Meeting, Pyramid Ale House, Walnut Creek)
- July 15, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: "Get Famous," with Dennis Erokan, creator of the Bay Area Music Award (BAMMIES) and CEO of Placemaking Group (General Monthly Meeting, Michael's at Shoreline, Mountain View)
- July 28, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: San Francisco Networking Meeting (Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco)
- August 4, 11:00am – 12:00pm: "Use RFP Best Practices and Watch Your Business Grow," presented by David Kutcher of Confluent Forms LLC (Webinar)
- August 4, 6:30pm – 8.30pm: "Is Your NETworking?" presented by Trey McAlister (Marin/North Bay Networking Meeting, Unity Center, Novato)
- August 9, 11:30am – 1:00pm: "Client Love Letters for Business Purposes—to Deepen Client Relationships," presented by Tresa Eyres (South Bay Networking Luncheon, Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos)
- August 11, 11:30am – 1:00pm: "SKIRTworking: How to Network Using SKIRT," with Michelle Alberda (East Bay Networking Meeting, Pyramid Ale House, Walnut Creek)
- August 19, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: "Unusually Excellent: The Nine Essential Skills of Great Leadership," presented by venture capitalist and associate professor John Hamm (General Monthly Meeting, Quadrus Center, Menlo Park)
- September 1, 11:00am – 12:00pm: "Leveraging a Facebook Page to Get Clients and Grow Your Business," presented by Maya Grinber, WildFire App (Webinar)
- September 7, 12:00pm – 1:30pm: Peninsula Networking Luncheon (Divino's Restaurant, Belmont)
- September 8, 11:30am – 1:00pm: "Emotions in Business: Make Them an Asset," with Joie Seldon, an innovator in the field of emotion education (East Bay Networking Meeting, Pyramid Ale House, Walnut Creek)
- September 13, 11:30am – 1:00pm: "Establishing Business Partnerships," presented by Sean Murphy (South Bay Networking Luncheon, Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos)
- September 16, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: "9th Annual Compensation Survey," presented by WIC President Avery Horzewski and Vice President Jennifer Berkeley (General Monthly Meeting, Quadrus Center, Menlo Park)—MEMBER-ONLY EVENT
- September 29, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: San Francisco Networking Meeting (Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco)
WIC events are interactive and provide members with direct access to business leaders who share invaluable information on how to thrive in a global marketplace.
Particularly noteworthy of WIC's third quarter events is its 9th Annual Compensation Survey, a national survey on economic and business trends for consultants and small business owners. This year's survey results will be presented at the September 16 member-only meeting. The formal report will be released to members and other survey participants by mid-October 2010.
"Each year, WIC surveys our members and other consultants throughout the country," commented Avery Horzewski, president of WIC. "The survey provides consultants with insightful information on the state of consulting and the steps consultants are taking to grow their businesses. If informal member anecdotes are any indicator, this year's survey should show a turning point from last year's economic struggles, with creative, out-of-the-box thinking and a positive mindset as the leading success factors."
For a complete list of upcoming WIC networking opportunities, meetings, workshops, webinars, and other events, visit the WIC website.
Women in Consulting (WIC) is a vibrant, diverse, and powerful community of consultants and small business owners working to build strong businesses. Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1998, WIC provides its 400+ members and affiliates a forum to connect and share with like-minded professionals. Established as a nonprofit, collaborative community to foster successful businesses for its members, WIC sponsors programs and activities to help members network, improve their skills, and thrive even in a tumultuous economic climate, and also provides consulting leadership and support to the community at large.
For more information
- Visit our website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Chat with us on our blog
- Become a fan on Facebook
- Join our LinkedIn group
- Email us
SOURCE Women In Consulting