SENECA FALLS, N.Y., Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WomensNet.net (WNN) announced an increase in their Amber Grant for women, as well as restructuring how their grants for women are awarded. Starting immediately, WNN will give a monthly "qualifying grant" of $500. Those 12 qualifying grant recipients will then become the 12 finalists for the $2,000 Amber Grant to be announced in January, 2016. More details on how the increased grant giving are as follows:
- WNN judges will select a qualifying grant recipient ($500) every month for the next 12 months.
- Each qualifying grant recipient will create an informal YouTube style video explaining why they deserve the $2,000 Amber Grant, to be posted on the WomensNet.net website.
- WomensNet.net website visitors will vote on who should receive the $2,000 Amber Grant. The voting will weigh in the WNN judges' final decision. WNN judges want to determine how well recipients can market themselves through social media and brand awareness.
- WNN will also consider how recipients used their qualifying $500 grant in determining who receives the $2,000 Amber Grant.
- The $2,000 Amber Grant for women will be awarded in January, 2016.
"We really wanted to give back more to our grant recipients," WNN's Christina Lambert noted. "A couple of our judge's wanted to review all the monthly recipients and give away a larger Amber Grant at the end of the year. We thought it would be a great way to encourage these women entrepreneurs – knowing they could still find more money at the end of the year for their business."
About WomensNet and The Amber Grant
The Amber Grants began in 1998. It was launched by Womensnet.net to honor the memory of a young woman (Amber) who died at the age of 19 – unable to fulfill her entrepreneurial dreams.
Today the Amber Grant helps women achieve the dreams that Amber could not. Each month we award a Qualifying Grant of $500 as selected by our WomensNet judges. And each monthly winner then becomes eligible for our 2015 Amber Grant – worth $2,000 in cash.
This content was issued through the press release service at i-Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.i-newswire.com