CHICAGO, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is proud to induct Spredfast's Virginia Miracle, Brains on Fire's Geno Church and Zócalo Group's Paul M. Rand into the Word of Mouth Marketing Hall of Fame.
"We are delighted to recognize the three newest inductees for their significant, positive and life-long achievements benefiting the word of mouth and social media marketing industry," said Mark Bisard, Vice President and Senior Counsel for American Express and WOMMA's Board Chair. "These three trail blazers embody what WOMMA stands for: best-in-class creativity, bleeding-edge innovation and generous thought leadership. They are passionate in the shared belief that all credible WOMM is at its core results-driven, ethical, authentic and never violates consumer trust."
Hall of Famers to be Inducted at Annual Industry Celebration
In true word-of-mouth fashion, the three marketing stalwarts were selected by an academy of their industry peers and will be honored in an induction ceremony during WOMMA's popular annual Summit, November 2-4, 2015 at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Fl.
The annual conference is WOMMA's flagship event for the industry, attracting senior marketers and top thought leaders from brands, digital agencies, startups, social platforms, tech providers and digital influencers. This year, keynote speakers include executives from Twitter, Comedy Central, Google, Mashable, Forrester, Nissan, Museum Hack, Arby's and Bethany Mota – one of YouTube's most successful video influencers. To register, visit www.wommasummit.com.
Industry Commitment and Growth
The word of mouth and social media marketing industry has experienced explosive growth in the past decade, becoming a critical part of the marketing mix for big and small brands alike. This unprecedented growth can be attributed, in part, to efforts made by WOMMA and its diverse membership.
WOMMA continues to strengthen its legacy as the lead advocate for the word of mouth industry by:
- Connecting members with key rule-makers shaping the industry in Washington, D.C., including the FTC, CFPB, SEC, NAD and states' Attorney Generals (Read FTC Director Jessica Rich's recent comments to the organization).
- Providing the industry with groundbreaking research and insight, including:
- WOMMA's landmark study released at the 2014 Summit quantifying the business value of a word of mouth marketing impression
- a joint research effort conducted with Forrester, the results of which will be unveiled at this year's Summit event
- Participating in the upcoming release of the industry's first official Social Media Measurement Guidelines, produced in collaboration with the MRC and other key industry organizations.
- Appointing its first Director of Regulatory Affairs, Tony DiResta from Holland & Knight
"We've only just begun to tap into the power that word of mouth marketing can command," says Suzanne Fanning, President of WOMMA. "We are committed to providing our members with a steady stream knowledge and insights to help them develop programming that harnesses word of mouth marketing channels to the fullest."
WOMMA, http://www.womma.org, is the official trade association for the word of mouth and social media marketing industries. The national, not-for-profit organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for advertisers engaging in such marketing practices, identifying meaningful measurement standards for such marketing practices, and defining "best practices" for the industry.
Founded in 2004, WOMMA's membership is made up of the most innovative and creative companies committed to advancing the word of mouth marketing industry through advocacy, education, and ethics.
For press inquiries, contact: Suzanne Fanning
President of WOMMA
SOURCE Word of Mouth Marketing Association