NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Wooden decking market projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.43%"
The wooden decking market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.43% during the forecast period of 2016 – 2021 and reach USD 7.81 billion by 2021. This market is driven by factors such as rapid urbanization, rising construction activities in emerging economies, and large-scale investments in the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
"Pressure-treated wood type in wooden decking held the largest market share"
Pressure-treated wood is projected to grow at the highest rate, as it can withstand moist and icy weather conditions, is durable, and long lasting. Also, being treated with waterborne preservatives, pressure-treated wood products are resistant from rots, insects, and internal decaying. Thus, it is widely used in residential, industrial, and commercial structures making this segment grow at the highest CAGR.
"Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness a steady growth during the forecast period"
The Asia-Pacific market is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period. The increasing population and rising income are accelerating the per capita spending on construction. The markets of China and India are projected to be lucrative due to their rising middle-class population and rising consumer spending on construction sectors.
Breakdown of Primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of the wooden decking market. Estimates reached after analyzing secondary sources were validated through these interviews. Primary sources included professionals such as constructors, wooden decking manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and academic professionals. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 35%
By Designation: C-level – 65% and Manager Level – 35%
By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 30%, Asia-Pacific – 20%, and RoW – 20%
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015.
Tier 1: Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 2: USD 1 billion > Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 3: Revenue < USD 1 billion
The various key players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. UPM-Kymmene Corporation (Finland),
2. Weyerhaeuser Company (U.S.),
3. West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (Canada),
4. Universal Forest Products, Inc. (U.S.),
5. Metsä Group (Finland),
6. Setra Group (Sweden),
7. James Latham plc (U.K.),
8. Cox Industries Inc. (U.S.),
9. Humboldt Redwood Company and Mendocino Redwood Company (U.S.),
10. Vetedy Group (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the wooden decking market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, acquisitions, agreements, partnerships, and expansions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04049455-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wooden-decking-market-by-type-application-type-of-construction-end-use-and-region---global-forecast-to-2021-300360100.html