NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This report supplies information on the Woll fabric fort clothing Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends.
The present report analyses fabrics woven from threads of wool (whether pure fleece wool, a mix of wool with other natural and/or synthetic fibres, or synthetic wool) intended for use in the manufacture of men's and women's clothing. All other types of fabric, including those made from wool but using other techniques such as knitting, are not covered in the present report.
• Product technology: The woven fabric production cycle is composed of two main phases: preparation for weaving and the weaving process itself. In the latter phase, the weft threads are crossed over and under the warp threads on a loom (traditional, automatic or manual), traditionally using a shuttle. To make the weft and warp threads, the wool is first combed and/or carded. The type of loom used most frequently in the industry today is the rapier loom, as it is the fastest (in terms of length of weft that can be woven into the warps per minute) and is highly flexible.
• Function: Wool fabric is used to manufacture clothing, especially autumn/winter collection items, although modern innovations have enabled lighter yarns to be produced for spring/summer clothing as well.
• Client categories: direct clients are wholesalers, "sample book" merchants (those who specialise in supplying tailors), and buyers that work as agents for large retailers, while end clients are clothing manufacturers and tailors.
The wool fabric market can be divided into three segments based on price and quality considerations, according to the specific price range and degree of specialisation of the products offered, whether in classic or fashion-oriented fabric:
• high-end and luxury;
• mid to high end;
• mid to low cost.
Based on the different types of processing (combing and carding), two distinct business areas can be identified:
• worsted: fabric traditionally associated with men's clothing in Italy;
• woollen: fabric associated primarily with women's clothing in Italy.
However, there is no clear barrier between these two types of wool: for some types of women's garments (e.g. jackets and dresses), worsted is used prevalently, while tweed and loden (both woollen fabrics) are applied to make both men's and women's clothing, although in general, the woollen category is not used extensively in menswear.
With dress codes having become more relaxed in modern times, combined with clothing companies' efforts to attract new customers, the confines of each of the two traditional business areas are becoming blurred.
Even specialty companies are adapting to offer articles using different techniques, for both men's and women's clothing.
Usually, worsted fabrics are more compact, have a drier feel and can be pleated more easily, whereas woollen has a softer feel and a puffier and looser appearance; these traits are reflected in the finished products. Also, woollen threads are generally carded and the weight of the fabric is not a decisive factor, unlike for worsted.
Woollen fabric is still used chiefly in autumn/winter clothing, as other lighter types of fabric such as cotton and linen remain much more popular, especially among women, during the warmer months of the year.
Databank's methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group's proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
Wherever no specific source is indicated, the information published in these reports can be assumed to have been taken from Cerved Group's proprietary information bank. Coverage of any sector in Competitors products may be used in company presentations or in training courses on the subject.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02562507-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001