SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Work4, the global leader in social and mobile recruiting, has raised $7 million in Series B funding, bringing total funds raised to $18 million. Lead investor Serena Capital joins Matrix Partners in backing Work4, with Managing Partner Xavier Lorphelin joining the Board of Directors. This new funding will be used to fuel Work4's continued expansion in the United States and accelerate customer adoption in France and Western Europe.
To tweet about Work4's funding news, go to: http://spredd.it/SxfP3wQ7.
According to Aberdeen Group, 75 percent of employers consider social networking tools to be a critical part of their recruitment strategy and 83 percent of candidates are using Facebook in their job search. Furthermore, seven out of ten people are searching for jobs on mobile devices. Since its launch in 2010, Work4 has helped thousands of companies including Gap, AIG, Intel, L'Oreal, Groupon and Hard Rock Cafe establish an employer brand and leverage these jobseeker preferences to connect with the best active and passive candidates.
Company Momentum for Work4
In the past year, Work4 more than doubled its monthly recurring revenue and added Fortune 500 employers including PepsiCo, Staples, Unilever and Michelin to its roster. As the leading social recruitment provider supporting employer branding and sourcing across Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, other milestones include:
- Over 12 million jobs shared on social networks to date
- 29X increase in users since launching new features for sharing jobs across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn in June 2013
- Becoming the first provider of Twitter Job Cards, which allows companies to take advantage of Twitter's recent redesign by offering candidates a more visual, engaging experience
- Becoming the first to harness Facebook's Graph Search technology to power advanced candidate search capabilities for recruiters
Comments on this News:
- "The social recruitment market is primed for exponential growth," said Work4 CEO Stephane Le Viet. "New technologies are fusing the proven power of employee referrals with advanced sourcing and targeting capabilities. We see a $30 billion market opportunity to transform social networks into the leading source of hires for every type of organization."
- "There is a lot of disruption in the recruitment technology market, but what makes Work4 different is that it's already playing in the next talent markets – mobile devices and Facebook," said Serena Managing Partner Xavier Lorphelin. "We decided to invest in Work4 because of its proven leadership in social and mobile recruitment solutions."
- "Looking beyond traditional sources like job boards and LinkedIn is critical to attracting and hiring quality talent, especially in the healthcare industry," said customer Dina Kraus, Talent Lead, Strategic Initiatives at Cigna. "Facebook has taken a more important role in Cigna's overall talent acquisition strategy. Partnering with Work4 allows us to stand out as a forward-thinking employer brand on social networks."
Work4 is the global leader in Social and Mobile Recruiting, with thousands of customers including many of the Fortune 500. Work4 technology enables organizations to extend their employer brands, drive referrals organically and target specific profiles, transforming social networks into a source of top quality talent. Established in 2010 and backed by Matrix Partners and Serena Capital, Work4 has offices in San Francisco and Paris. For more information, please visit our website (http://www.work4labs.com), Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/work4labs), or Twitter account (@work4labs).