SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- WorkSimple (http://www.getworksimple.com), the Social Goal Management Company, unveiled WorkSimple 3 today, the company's third major release with new features across the social goal platform. The release also debuts an entirely new user interface (UI), bringing together traditional social design principals of Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to deliver a next-generation solution for social performance.
WorkSimple 3 is the first performance management platform that employees can get something out of - helping them maintain a real-time view of their contributions. WorkSimple introduces WorkStory, a live resume of your accomplishments, awards, social recognition, and contributions to coworkers.
WorkStory is a simple way for anyone to showcase their accomplishments and the goals they are now working toward, as well as how they are interacting, and contributing to their coworkers' goals. Users can share this graphical view with their people manager or coworkers, or can share their automated weekly report to enable better work conversations.
New product innovations that will be introduced for WorkSimple include:
- WorkStory will display your goals and achievements so every employee can gain validation of their work and contributions and how they are working in their company.
- Notifications will allow anyone to receive smart notifications, automatic alerts of coworkers', team, or company goals they are following.
- New Dashboard - an improved view of your current goals and goals you have accomplished and access to Teams, Followers, and Comments.
- Activity Feed will enable employees to track the progress of goal comments, recognition, and support and get notifications as they happen.
- Draft Goals will assist everyone with goal planning and getting feedback from coworkers on goals before you begin them.
- Goal Supporters will get social credit for their contributions that help their coworkers accomplish their goals.
- Email Manager will let employees configure their email notification settings and choose the frequency and scope of emails sent by WorkSimple.
- Daily Digest Employees will now receive a daily or weekly WorkSimple email digest of the latest posts from their goal feeds.
- Weekly Report will be an automated weekly status report showcasing their WorkStory of achievements and contributions.
- Social Recognition allows any user to get awards for accomplishing their goals, and thank top contributors that impacted their goal.
"WorkSimple's third major release changes the way we think about our work accomplishments. We want everyone to create a work portfolio that showcases their contributions," said Morgan Norman, founder and CEO of WorkSimple. "Today's employee is thinking about the range of their efforts and the quality of what they produce. WorkSimple is the first performance platform to capture a useful portfolio for employees. The WorkStory not only gives employees a showcase of their work results, but it prepares them for their performance review as well."
"The future of hiring knowledge workers will be based on what they've done. What people managers want now is a sense of 'what have you done/show me your work?' Your average employee has contributed so much to the business, but doesn't have a system to track not only the accomplishments but also feedback from coworkers about how it helped them," said Ben Moore, founder and CTO. "WorkStory is the first social performance platform designed for the employee from the start."
WorkSimple pricing and availability:
- WorkSimple Free: WorkStory™, Social Goals™, Teams, Goal Categories, Feedback, Recognition, and Reporting
- WorkSimple Team Edition ($5 per user/month): The Team edition includes all Basic Features, plus Goal Reviews, Goal Scores, and Enhanced Reporting
- WorkSimple Company Edition ($9 per user/month): Includes enhanced administration controls and premium support
- Website: http://getworksimple.com
- Sign Up: http://getworksimple.com
- Pricing: http://getworksimple.com/pricing
- Follow WorkSimple on Twitter @getworksimple and Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/getworksimple
WorkSimple, the Social Goal Management Company, provides a simple and secure way for employees to publish, share, and track their goals. Individuals, small teams and large global organizations alike use Social Goals™ to improve communication, productivity, and engagement. The basic version of WorkSimple is free for unlimited users, and includes WorkStory™ Social Goals, Recognition, Feedback, Activity Streams, and Weekly Status Report. Customers can pay to upgrade their social goal network for additional functionality including Goal Reviews, Goal Score, and Employee Influence. Get started at http://getworksimple.com.