DUBLIN, June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hxstnh/capacitive) has announced the addition of the "Capacitive Fingerprint Sensors Patent Landscape" report to their offering.
To this date, fingerprint sensing technology is the most reliable and widespread biometric technology and fingerprint sensors are well developed. This patent landscape focuses on fingerprint sensors using capacitive sensing technology.
The domain of capacitive fingerprint sensors is closely linked to the development of electronic devices, especially smartphones and the like, and the growing demand for security. Capacitive fingerprint sensors of a new generation have been incorporated in the most recent smartphones of companies like Apple or Samsung. The capacitive fingerprint sensing technologies involve more than 100 different applicants, mainly semiconductor and electronics companies. The main IP holders in the domain are Seiko Epson, AuthenTec, Sony and STMicroelectronics.
The pioneer patents on capacitive fingerprint sensing technology are no longer in force and more than 200 granted patents are expected to expire by 2020. However, the number of new patent publications is increasing again since 2012, underlying a new enthusiasm for capacitive fingerprint sensors.
Key features of this report:
- Time evolution of patent publications and countries of patent filings.
- Current legal status of patents.
-Ranking of main patent applicants.
- Joint developments and IP collaboration network of main patent applicants.
- Key patents.
- Granted patents near expiration.
- Relative strength of main companies IP portfolio.
- Overview of patent litigations
- Capacitive fingerprint sensor IP profiles of 15+ major companies with key patents, partnerships, and IP strength and strategy.
- The report also provides an extensive Excel database with all patents analyzed in the study.
Objectives of this report:
- Understand the IP landscape for capacitive fingerprint sensors.
- Identify key patents.
- Understand trends in capacitive fingerprint sensors IP.
- Identify the major players in capacitive fingerprint sensors IP and the relative strength of their patent portfolio.
- Identify new players in capacitive fingerprint sensors IP.
- Identify IP collaboration networks between key players.
- Identify main patent litigations.
- ALPS Electric
- Biometric Technology
- Egis Technology
- Himax Technologies
- Infineon Technologies
- O-film Technology
- Seiko Epson
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hxstnh/capacitive
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets