This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global machinery leasing market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global machinery leasing market is expected to grow from $316.22 billion in 2020 to $342.66 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $454.78 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 7%.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the machinery leasing? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Machinery Leasing market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider machinery leasing market, and compares it with other markets.
The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
The machinery leasing market section of the report gives context. It compares the machinery leasing market with other segments of the leasing market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, machinery leasing indicators comparison.
Major companies in the machinery leasing market include United Rental; Sunbelt Rental; Blueline Rental; H&E Equiment Services and Home Depot Rentals.
The machinery rental market consists of sales of machinery rental services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that rent out or lease commercial-type and industrial-type machinery and equipment. Establishments in this generally provide capital or investment-type equipment that clients use in their business operations. These establishments typically cater to a business clientele and do not generally operate a retail-like or storefront facility. The machinery rental market is segmented into heavy construction machinery rental; commercial air, rail, and water transportation equipment rental; mining, oil and gas, and forestry machinery and equipment rental; office machinery and equipment rental; and other commercial and industrial machinery and equipment rental.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global machinery leasing market, accounting for 37% of the market in 2020. North America was the second largest region accounting for 30% of the global machinery leasing market. Africa was the smallest region in the global machinery leasing market.
Companies are increasingly leasing 3D printing equipment for manufacturing purposes. The 3D printer is a computer-aided manufacturing device which creates three-dimensional objects by receiving digital data from a computer as input by building a three-dimensional model out of custom material. 3D printing is gaining popularity as manufacturers are becoming more familiar with industrial-grade 3D printers. Industrial grade 3D printers are capable of printing large products with high precision and with a wide range of materials. 3D printer leasing can reduce the overall reduction of cost of the manufacturer rather than buying. For instance, Divide by Zero technologies offers 3D printers on a lease for customers in India.
The outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has acted as a massive restraint on the machinery leasing market in 2020 as the need for services offered by these establishments declined due to lockdowns imposed by governments globally. COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. The virus was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of the People's Republic of China and spread globally including Western Europe, North America and Asia. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in a decline in economic activity with countries entering a state of 'lock down' and the outbreak is expected to continue to have a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021. However, it is expected that the machinery leasing market will recover from the shock across the forecast period as it is a 'black swan' event and not related to ongoing or fundamental weaknesses in the market or the global economy
The emergence of start-ups as major clients of leasing service providers is expected to drive the market. Driven by cost efficiency and the necessity to acquire advanced equipment which are often highly priced, start-ups have started renting or leasing their equipment. The increasing number of start-ups is also expected to positively impact the market. The number of start-ups in India is expected to increase to 10,500 by 2020, depicting new opportunities for the leasing market in the client expansion and revenue generation.
4. Machinery Leasing Market Product Analysis 4.1. Leading Products/ Services 4.2. Key Features and Differentiators 4.3. Development Products
5. Machinery Leasing Market Supply Chain 5.1. Supply Chain 5.2. Distribution 5.3. End Customers
6. Machinery Leasing Market Customer Information 6.1. Customer Preferences 6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Machinery Leasing Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Machinery Leasing
9. Machinery Leasing Market Size and Growth 9.1. Market Size 9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.2.1. Drivers of the Market 9.2.2. Restraints on the Market 9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.3.1. Drivers of the Market 9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Machinery Leasing Market Regional Analysis 10.1. Global Machinery Leasing Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 10.2. Global Machinery Leasing Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 10.3. Global Machinery Leasing Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Machinery Leasing Market Segmentation 11.1. Global Machinery Leasing Market, Segmentation by Type 11.2. Global Machinery Leasing Market, Segmentation by Mode
12. Machinery Leasing Market Metrics 12.1. Machinery Leasing Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global 12.2. Per Capita Average Machinery Leasing Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
13. Asia-Pacific Machinery Leasing Market
14. Western Europe Machinery Leasing Market
15. Eastern Europe Machinery Leasing Market
16. North America Machinery Leasing Market
17. South America Machinery Leasing Market
18. Middle East Machinery Leasing Market
19. Africa Machinery Leasing Market
20. Machinery Leasing Market Competitive Landscape 20.1. Competitive Market Overview 20.2. Market Shares 20.3. Company Profiles 20.3.1. United Rental 22.214.171.124. Company Overview 126.96.36.199. Products and Services 188.8.131.52. Strategy 184.108.40.206. Financial Performance 20.3.2. Sunbelt Rental 220.127.116.11. Company Overview 18.104.22.168. Products and Services 22.214.171.124. Strategy 126.96.36.199. Financial Performance 20.3.3. Blueline Rental 188.8.131.52. Company Overview 184.108.40.206. Products and Services 220.127.116.11. Strategy 18.104.22.168. Financial Performance 20.3.4. H&E Equiment Services 22.214.171.124. Company Overview 126.96.36.199. Products and Services 188.8.131.52. Strategy 184.108.40.206. Financial Performance 20.3.5. Home Depot Rentals 220.127.116.11. Company Overview 18.104.22.168. Products and Services 22.214.171.124. Strategy 126.96.36.199. Financial Performance
21. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Machinery Leasing Market
22. Market Background: Leasing Market 22.1. Leasing Market Characteristics 22.2. Leasing Market Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F Growth, by Segment, Value ($ Billion), Global 22.3. Global Leasing Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 22.4. Global Leasing Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 22.5. Global Leasing Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Segmentation by Type, Value ($ Billion)
23. Recommendations 23.1. Global Machinery Leasing Market in 2025 - Growth Countries 23.2. Global Machinery Leasing Market in 2025 - Growth Segments 23.3. Global Machinery Leasing Market in 2025 - Growth Strategies
24. Appendix 24.1. NAICS Definitions of Industry Covered in this Report 24.2. Abbreviations 24.3. Currencies 24.4. Research Inquiries 24.5. About the Publisher