This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global passenger air transport market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global passenger air transport market is expected to grow from $460.07 billion in 2020 to $524.82 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.1%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $657.15 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 6%.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the passenger air transport? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Passenger Air Transport market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider passenger air transport market, and compares it with other markets.
The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
The passenger air transport market section of the report gives context. It compares the passenger air transport market with other segments of the air transport market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, passenger air transport indicators comparison.
Major companies in the passenger air transport market include American Airlines; Delta Airlines; UnitedContinental; Deutsche Lufthansa and Air France KLM.
The passenger air transport services market consists of sales of passenger air transportation services and related goods by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that use aircraft, such as airplanes and helicopters to provide air transportation services for passengers. It includes services offered by both scheduled and nonscheduled air carriers. The passenger air transport market is segmented into domestic air passengers and international air passengers.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global passenger air transport market, accounting for 31% of the market in 2020. North America was the second largest region accounting for 30% of the global passenger air transport market. Africa was the smallest region in the global passenger air transport market.
The use of analytics is rapidly growing in the aviation industry to capture critical insights from customers and operations data. It allows airlines to offer personalized services to its customers by using data analytics tools at every customer touch point. The growing use of analytics in the aviation industry is mainly a result of increasing competition between airlines. As a result, commercial airline is looking to enhance customer satisfaction levels by analysing parameters such as ticket sales and passenger profile and purchase history. For instance, Chicago-based United Airlines analyses 150 variables in a customer profile to offer a more personalized offer. Major companies using analytics in the aviation industry are Southwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines.
The increase in global tourism is expected to fuel the growth of the passenger air transport market in the forecast period. Global tourism is probably the largest movement of goods, services and people and it is a major force for economic growth and socio-political transition. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) global investment on tourism reached US$1.7 billion, an increase of 4%, outpacing the national economy in 2018 and is expected to cross US$ 23 million by 2023. Therefore, the increase in global tourism drives the growth of the passenger air transport market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Passenger Air Transport Market Characteristics 3.1. Market Definition 3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Passenger Air Transport Market Product Analysis 4.1. Leading Products/ Services 4.2. Key Features and Differentiators 4.3. Development Products
5. Passenger Air Transport Market Supply Chain 5.1. Supply Chain 5.2. Distribution 5.3. End Customers
6. Passenger Air Transport Market Customer Information 6.1. Customer Preferences 6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Passenger Air Transport Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Passenger Air Transport
9. Passenger Air Transport Market Size and Growth 9.1. Market Size 9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.2.1. Drivers of the Market 9.2.2. Restraints on the Market 9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.3.1. Drivers of the Market 9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Passenger Air Transport Market Regional Analysis 10.1. Global Passenger Air Transport Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 10.2. Global Passenger Air Transport Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 10.3. Global Passenger Air Transport Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Passenger Air Transport Market Segmentation 11.1. Global Passenger Air Transport Market, Segmentation by Type 11.2. Global Passenger Air Transport Market, Segmentation by Class
12. Passenger Air Transport Market Metrics 12.1. Passenger Air Transport Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global 12.2. Per Capita Average Passenger Air Transport Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
13. Asia-Pacific Passenger Air Transport Market
14. Western Europe Passenger Air Transport Market
15. Eastern Europe Passenger Air Transport Market
16. North America Passenger Air Transport Market
17. South America Passenger Air Transport Market
18. Middle East Passenger Air Transport Market
19. Africa Passenger Air Transport Market
20. Passenger Air Transport Market Competitive Landscape 20.1. Competitive Market Overview 20.2. Market Shares 20.3. Company Profiles 20.3.1. American Airlines 184.108.40.206. Company Overview 220.127.116.11. Products and Services 18.104.22.168. Strategy 22.214.171.124. Financial Performance 20.3.2. Delta Airlines 126.96.36.199. Company Overview 188.8.131.52. Products and Services 184.108.40.206. Strategy 220.127.116.11. Financial Performance 20.3.3. UnitedContinental 18.104.22.168. Company Overview 22.214.171.124. Products and Services 126.96.36.199. Strategy 188.8.131.52. Financial Performance 20.3.4. Deutsche Lufthansa 184.108.40.206. Company Overview 220.127.116.11. Products and Services 18.104.22.168. Strategy 22.214.171.124. Financial Performance 20.3.5. Air France KLM 126.96.36.199. Company Overview 188.8.131.52. Products and Services 184.108.40.206. Strategy 220.127.116.11. Financial Performance
21. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Passenger Air Transport Market
22. Market Background: Air Transportation Market 22.1. Air Transportation Market Characteristics 22.2. Air Transportation Market Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F Growth, by Segment, Value ($ Billion), Global 22.3. Global Air Transportation Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 22.4. Global Air Transportation Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 22.5. Global Air Transportation Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Segmentation by Type, Value ($ Billion)
23. Recommendations 23.1. Global Passenger Air Transport Market in 2025 - Growth Countries 23.2. Global Passenger Air Transport Market in 2025 - Growth Segments 23.3. Global Passenger Air Transport Market in 2025 - Growth Strategies
24. Appendix 24.1. NAICS Definitions of Industry Covered in this Report 24.2. Abbreviations 24.3. Currencies 24.4. Research Inquiries 24.5. About the Publisher