This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global rail transport market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global rail transport market reached a value of nearly $468.6 billion in 2020, having increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% since 2015. The market is expected to grow from $468.6 billion in 2020 to $ 658.4 billion in 2025 at a rate of 7.0%. The market is then expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2025 and reach $ 845.7 billion in 2030.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 48+ geographies.
Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high-quality data and analysis
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the rail transport market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The global rail transport market opportunities and strategies to 2030 report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers the following chapters
Executive Summary - The executive summary section of the report gives brief overview and summary of the report.
Report Structure - This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in various sections.
Introduction - This section gives the segmentation of the rail transport market by geography, by type, and by revenue source covered in this report.
Market Characteristics - The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the rail transport market. This chapter includes different products and services covered in the report and basic definitions.
Supply Chain - The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players of the rail transport industry supply chain
Product Analysis - The product analysis section of the report describes the leading products and services along with key features and differentiators for those products and services.
Customer Information - This chapter covers recent customer and service providers' trends/preferences in the global rail transport market.
Trends and Strategies - This chapter includes some of the major trends shaping the global rail transport market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
Impact Of COVID-19 - This chapter describes the impact of COVID-19 on the rail transport industry.
Global Market Size and Growth - This section contains the global historic (2015-20120) and forecast (2020-2025) market value, and drivers and restraints that support and control the growth of the market in the historic and forecast period.
Regional Analysis - This section contains the historic (2015-2020), forecast (2020-2025) market value and growth and market share comparison by region.
Segmentation- This section contains the market value (2015-20) and analysis for different segments.
Global Macro Comparison - The global rail transport market comparison with macro-economic factors gives the rail transport market size, percentage of GDP, and average rail transport market expenditure.
Regional Market Size and Growth - This section contains the region's market size (2020), historic (2015-2020) and forecast (2020-2025) market value, and growth and market share comparison of major countries within the region. Industry metrics covered in this section include: per capita average rail transport expenditure, number of enterprises and average revenue per enterprise, and number of employees and average revenue per employee. This report includes information on all the regions (Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa) and specific countries (China, India, Japan, UK, USA).
Competitive Landscape - This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global rail transport market, estimated market shares and company profiles for the leading players.
Key Mergers and Acquisitions - This chapter gives the information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions which have shaped the market in recent years.
Market Background - This section describes the recreation market of which the rail transport market is a part. This chapter includes the global recreation market 2020-2025 and 2025-2030 values, and regional and country analyses for the recreation market.
Market Opportunities and Strategies - This section includes market opportunities and strategies based on findings of the research. This section also gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets. It gives an understanding of where there is significant business to be gained by competitors in the next five years.
Conclusions and Recommendations - This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on findings of the research. This section also gives recommendations for rail transport companies in terms of product/service offerings, geographic expansion, marketing strategies and target groups.
Appendix - This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
This report describes and explains the global rail transport market and covers 2015 to 2020, termed the historic period, and 2020 to 2025 termed the forecast period, along with further forecasts for the period 2025-2030. The report evaluates the market across each region and for the major economies within each region.
Growth in the historic period resulted from strong economic growth in emerging markets, rise in e-commerce, change in taxation rules, and rise in mining activity. The market was restrained by political uncertainties and change in customer preference. Going forward high-speed trains, technological advances, and emphasis on cutting carbon emission will drive the growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of the rail transport market in the future include shortage of drivers and operators, stringent government regulations, growing ease and popularity of ride hailing apps and increased car rental opportunities.
The COVID-19 outbreak had a significant impact on the rail transport as governments globally imposed lockdowns and suspended domestic and international transportation services to contain the virus. The number of rail passengers during the pandemic has decreased significantly as the individuals were restricted to travel to avoid the spread of COVID-19. For instance, there has been a decrease in ridership in Sweden with 60% in Stockholm and 40% in Vastra Gotaland.
The top opportunities in the rail transport market segmented by type will arise in the rail freight segment, which will gain $103.6 billion of global annual sales by 2025. The top opportunities in segment by distance will arise in the long-distance segment, which will gain $148.9 billion of global annual sales by 2025. The rail transport market size will gain the most in the USA at $24.2 billion.
Market-trend-based strategies for the rail transport market include adopting head on generation (HOG) technology should to reduce their carbon footprints, increase profitability of operations, and reduce operating costs and other fuel related expenses, harness digitalization to improve passengers experience and reduce costs, invest in connected mobility to enable drivers and their passengers to experience a much smoother trip and exploit obstacle detection assistance system to enhance passenger's safety and to reduce accidents.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Rail Transport Market Executive Summary
2. Table of Contents
3. List of Figures
4. List of Tables
5. Report Structure
6. Introduction 6.1. Segmentation By Geography 6.2. Segmentation By Type 6.3. Segmentation By Distance
7. Rail Transport Market Characteristics 7.1. Market Definition 7.2. Market Segmentation By Type Of Service 7.2.1. Passenger Rail Transportation 7.2.2. Rail Freight Transportation 7.3. Market Segment By Distance 7.3.1. Long-Distance Rail Transport 7.3.2. Short-Distance Rail Transport
8. Rail Transport Market, Supply Chain Analysis
9. Rail Transport Market, Product/Service Analysis -Product/Service Examples
10. Rail Transport Market Customer Information 10.1. Increased Level Of Passenger Satisfaction 10.2. Generation Z Prefer Sustainable Rail Transport 10.3. Continuation Of Infrastructure Projects As The Top Support Priority Amidst COVID-19 10.4. An Expected Increase In Passengers Using Public Transport Post-COVID-19 10.5. Usage Of Public Transport Post Pandemic In Britain
11. Rail Transport Market Trends And Strategies 11.1. Head on Generation (HOG) To Increase Capacity In Passenger Trains 11.2. Increased Focus on Digitalization 11.3. Connected Mobility 11.4. Obstacle Detection Assistance System
12. Impact Of COVID-19 On The Rail Transport Market 12.1. Impact On Use Of Rail Transport 12.2. Impact On Cargo 12.3. Regulatory Changes 12.4. Post COVID-19 Recovery
13. Global Rail Transport Market Size And Growth 13.1. Market Size 13.2. Historic Market Growth, 2015 - 2020, Value ($ Billion) 13.3. Forecast Market Growth, 2020 - 2025, 2030F, Value ($ Billion)
14. Rail Transport Market, Regional Analysis 14.1. Global Rail Transport Market, By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015 - 2020, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) 14.2. Global Rail Transport Market, 2015 - 2025, Historic And Forecast, By Region 14.3. Global Rail Transport Market, 2020 - 2025, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
15. Global Rail Transport Market Segmentation 15.1. Global Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Type 15.2. Global Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Distance
16. Rail Transport Market Segments 16.1. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Type 16.2. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation By Type
17. Global Rail Transport Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 17.1. Rail Transport Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 17.2. Per Capita Average Rail Transport Market Expenditure, Global
18. Asia-Pacific Rail Transport Market
19. Western Europe Rail Transport Market
20. Eastern Europe Rail Transport Market
21. North America Rail Transport Market
22. South America Rail Transport Market
23. Middle East Rail Transport Market
24. Africa Rail Transport Market
25. Global Rail Transport Market Competitive Landscape 25.1. Company Profiles 25.2. Deutsche Bahn 25.2.1. Company Overview 25.2.2. Products And Services 25.2.3. Business Strategy 25.2.4. Financial Overview 25.3. BNSF Railway 25.4. JSC Russian Railways 25.5. Indian Railways 25.6. SNCF
26. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Rail Transport Market 26.1. Geodis Acquired PEKAES Group 26.2. Palmira Capital Partners Acquired DB Schenker 26.3. Alstom Finalizes Bombardier Acquisition 26.4. Ancala Partners Acquires Hector Rail 26.5. CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Acquired Vossloh 26.6. Cosco Acquires Major Stake in Greek Intermodal Firm Piraeus Europe Asia Rail Logistics (PEARL) 26.7. DSV Acquires Panalpina
27. Market Background: Transport Services Market
28. Rail Transport Market Opportunities And Strategies
29. Rail Transport Market Conclusions And Recommendations