This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global sporting and athletic goods market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global sporting and athletic goods market is expected to grow from $96.21 billion in 2020 to $110.33 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $142.84 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 7%.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the sporting and athletic goods? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Sporting and Athletic Goods market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider sporting and athletic goods market, and compares it with other markets.
The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
The sporting and athletic goods market section of the report gives context. It compares the sporting and athletic goods market with other segments of the general market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, sporting and athletic goods indicators comparison.
Major companies in the sporting and athletic goods market include Decathlon; Callaway Golf Company; NIKE; Performance Sports Group and Russell.
The sporting and athletic goods market consists of sales of sporting and athletic goods by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that produce sporting and athletic goods, except clothing and footwear. The sporting and athletic goods market is segmented into fishing equipment; skating and skiing equipment; golf equipment and other sporting equipment.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global sporting and athletic goods market, accounting for 48% of the market in 2020. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for 22% of the global sporting and athletic goods market. Africa was the smallest region in the global sporting and athletic goods market.
Additive manufacturing is growing as an important trend as the sports goods industry has become competitive. Additive manufacturing involves building three dimensional objects using digital models by successively adding multiple layers of material. The sports goods industry has fast-changing customer demands and requirements in product performance. Additive manufacturing enables the manufacturer to fulfil those demands by providing an efficient approach to rapid prototyping. Therefore, a manufacturer can produce a specific design depending upon the individual's prototype. In September 2019, GuardLab, a New York-based sports technology brand partnered with Bauer Hockey, an athletic equipment manufacturer to launch personalized 3D printed mouthguards.
The outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has acted as a massive restraint on the sporting and athletic goods manufacturing market in 2020 as supply chains were disrupted due to trade restrictions and consumption declined due to lockdowns imposed by governments globally. COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. The virus was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of the People's Republic of China and spread globally including Western Europe, North America and Asia. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in halting of manufacturing activities and a decline in economic activity with countries entering a state of 'lock down' and the outbreak is expected to continue to have a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021. However, it is expected that the sporting and athletic goods manufacturing market will recover from the shock across the forecast period as it is a 'black swan' event and not related to ongoing or fundamental weaknesses in the market or the global economy.
The sporting and athletic goods manufacturing market is expected to benefit from steady economic growth forecasted for many developed and developing countries. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) predicts that the global GDP growth will be 3.3% in 2020 and 3.4% in 2021. Recovering commodity prices, after a decline in the historic period is further expected to be a significant factor driving economic growth. The US economy is expected to register stable growth during the forecast period. Additionally, emerging markets are expected to continue to grow slightly faster than the developed markets in the forecast period. Greater economic growth is likely to drive public and private investments, joint ventures, foreign direct investments in the end-user markets, thereby driving the market during forecast period.
4. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Product Analysis 4.1. Leading Products/ Services 4.2. Key Features and Differentiators 4.3. Development Products
5. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Supply Chain 5.1. Supply Chain 5.2. Distribution 5.3. End Customers
6. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Customer Information 6.1. Customer Preferences 6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Sporting and Athletic Goods
9. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Size and Growth 9.1. Market Size 9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.2.1. Drivers of the Market 9.2.2. Restraints on the Market 9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion) 9.3.1. Drivers of the Market 9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Regional Analysis 10.1. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 10.2. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 10.3. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Segmentation 11.1. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, Segmentation by Type 11.2. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, Segmentation by Distribution Channel 11.3. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market, Segmentation by Material
12. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Metrics 12.1. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global 12.2. Per Capita Average Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
13. Asia-Pacific Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
14. Western Europe Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
15. Eastern Europe Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
16. North America Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
17. South America Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
18. Middle East Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
19. Africa Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
20. Sporting and Athletic Goods Market Competitive Landscape 20.1. Competitive Market Overview 20.2. Market Shares 20.3. Company Profiles 20.3.1. Decathlon 126.96.36.199. Company Overview 188.8.131.52. Products and Services 184.108.40.206. Strategy 220.127.116.11. Financial Performance 20.3.2. Callaway Golf Company 18.104.22.168. Company Overview 22.214.171.124. Products and Services 126.96.36.199. Strategy 188.8.131.52. Financial Performance 20.3.3. NIKE 184.108.40.206. Company Overview 220.127.116.11. Products and Services 18.104.22.168. Strategy 22.214.171.124. Financial Performance 20.3.4. Performance Sports Group 126.96.36.199. Company Overview 188.8.131.52. Products and Services 184.108.40.206. Strategy 220.127.116.11. Financial Performance 20.3.5. Russell 18.104.22.168. Company Overview 22.214.171.124. Products and Services 126.96.36.199. Strategy 188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
21. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Sporting and Athletic Goods Market
22. Market Background: General Manufacturing Market 22.1. General Manufacturing Market Characteristics 22.2. General Manufacturing Market Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F Growth, by Segment, Value ($ Billion), Global 22.3. Global General Manufacturing Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion) 22.4. Global General Manufacturing Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region 22.5. Global General Manufacturing Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Segmentation by Type, Value ($ Billion)
23. Recommendations 23.1. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market in 2025 - Growth Countries 23.2. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market in 2025 - Growth Segments 23.3. Global Sporting and Athletic Goods Market in 2025 - Growth Strategies
24. Appendix 24.1. NAICS Definitions of Industry Covered in this Report 24.2. Abbreviations 24.3. Currencies 24.4. Research Inquiries 24.5. About the Publisher