ARLINGTON, Va., April 29, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced that the 5th annual Bloomberg BNA and Baker & McKenzie Global Transfer Pricing Conference, in association with the Tax Management Education Institute, will be held the evening of Thursday, June 11 and all day Friday, June 12 in Washington, DC. The conference features OECD and government officials, along with high-level experts from the private sector, who will share essential insights in the rapidly evolving transfer pricing arena. The conference, the go-to event for the world's leading multinationals, takes place at the Fairfax Embassy Row. Registration is available here.
As the OECD enters the final stage of its work on base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS), multinationals everywhere are beginning to pay close attention to the regulatory changes underway and the political and economic forces that are shaping them.
"The discussion drafts already issued by the OECD as it enters the final stages of its work on BEPS spell major changes in the way tax authorities across the globe consider companies' international transactions," said Molly Moses, Transfer Pricing Editor for Bloomberg BNA Tax & Accounting. "This conference is designed for multinationals that are preparing to comply with anticipated requirements for country-by-country reporting and other OECD recommendations."
The conference begins with a Town Hall and dinner the evening of June 11 at the Army Navy Club. Proceedings on June 12 at the Fairfax Embassy Row include keynote addresses by Douglas W. O'Donnell, Deputy Commissioner, International, Large Business & International, Internal Revenue Service and David Varley, Acting Director, Transfer Pricing Operations, Internal Revenue Service.
Other speakers include:
- Joseph Andrus, Former Head of Transfer Pricing, OECD, Paris
- Hareesh Dhawale, Director, Internal Revenue Service Advance Pricing and Mutual Agreement Program
- Robert Stack, Deputy Assistant Secretary, International Tax Affairs, U.S. Treasury
- Brian Jenn, Attorney Advisor, Office of Tax Policy, U.S. Treasury
- Chris Bello, Chief of Branch 6, Internal Revenue Service Office of Associate Chief Counsel (International)
- Donna McComber, Deputy Director-Technical, Advance Pricing and Mutual Agreement Program, Internal Revenue Service
Panels at the conference include:
- Hard-to-Value Intangibles Under the Latest OECD Draft
- The Rippling Effect of the Transfer Pricing Organization on Transfer Pricing Cases From Audit to Appeals to Litigation
- BEPS Core Concepts and Themes
- Implementation of Documentation and Country-by-Country Reporting
- TNMM Versus Profit Split, and the Use of Return on Assets as a Profit-Level Indicator
Conference registration is available here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
About Tax Management Educational Institute
Tax Management Educational Institute (TMEI) is an independent educational organization founded by Tax Management, Inc., a subsidiary of The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. TMEI is devoted solely to the conduct of responsible, professional seminars and conferences of the highest quality dedicated to issues of tax policy and practice, and to the funding of related scholarly endeavors.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA