This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global video equipment market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global video equipment market is expected to grow from $90.61 billion in 2020 to $109.8 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.2%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $125.37 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 3%.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the video equipment? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Video Equipment market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider video equipment market, and compares it with other markets.
The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
The video equipment market section of the report gives context. It compares the video equipment market with other segments of the video equipment market by size and growth, historic and forecast.
Major players in the video equipment market are Bose Corporation, LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, Samsung Electronics, Bowers & Wilkins, Atlantic Technology, Definitive Technology, GoldenEar Technology, and Pioneer.
The video equipment market consists of sales of video equipment and related services that are used in various applications such as residential and commercial purposes. Video equipment include televisions, video cameras, Blue-ray players, and video cassette recorders.
The rise in disposable incomes was a major driver for the video equipment market. The rise in disposable incomes was mainly driven by economic growth and middle-class population growth in developing countries such as China, India and Brazil. According to the World bank, the per capita net disposal income of lower middle-income countries is expected to be in between $1,036 and $4,045 and per capita net disposal income of upper middle-income countries is expected to be in between $4,046 and $12,535 in 2021. Increased earnings greatly increased disposable incomes in the emerging markets, increasing the demand for consumer electronics products such as televisions and home theatre systems.
The changes in consumer lifestyles and preferences had a significant impact on the video equipment market. With increasing smartphone and internet penetration and advances in social media and digital technologies, consumers shifted from traditional television to new forms of entertainment such as online video streaming services on mobile phones. Television viewership continued to decline, especially among the millennial. As a whole, 18-34-year-olds spent viewing traditional TV (live and time-shifted) in Q1 2020 fell by around 15.3% from 2019. Changes in consumer preferences restricted the demand for video equipment.
The video equipment market covered in this report is segmented by product type into television, video cameras, and video players and by end use industry into B2B and B2C.
The demand for Ultra HD televisions is increasing rapidly, as they are energy efficient and offer high quality images. Ultra HD televisions include 4K and 8K UHDs that have an aspect ratio of 16:9 or wider, and also present a minimum resolution of 3840x2160 pixels. The transition from traditional CRT and LCD TVs to ultra HD TVs has been fast owing to brisk pace in technological advances. For instance, in 2019, worldwide sales of 4K ultra-high-definition televisions reached 100 million units, thus, indicating high demand for ultra HD 4k and 8k televisions.
In February 2019, GN Group, a Danish based Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing company acquired Altia Systems for $125 million. Through this acquisition GN Group is aiming to improve the quality of audio and video communications over digital networks. Altia Systems, a venture-backed company based in Cupertino.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Video Equipment Market Characteristics
3. Video Equipment Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on Video Equipment
5. Video Equipment Market Size and Growth 5.1. Global Video Equipment Historic Market, 2015-2020, $ Billion 5.1.1. Drivers of the Market 5.1.2. Restraints on the Market 5.2. Global Video Equipment Forecast Market, 2020-2025F, 2030F, $ Billion 5.2.1. Drivers of the Market 5.2.2. Restraints on the Market
6. Video Equipment Market Segmentation
7. Video Equipment Market Regional and Country Analysis 7.1. Global Video Equipment Market, Split by Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, $ Billion 7.2. Global Video Equipment Market, Split by Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
8. Asia-Pacific Video Equipment Market
9. China Video Equipment Market
10. India Video Equipment Market
11. Japan Video Equipment Market
12. Australia Video Equipment Market
13. Indonesia Video Equipment Market
14. South Korea Video Equipment Market
15. Western Europe Video Equipment Market
16. UK Video Equipment Market
17. Germany Video Equipment Market
18. France Video Equipment Market
19. Eastern Europe Video Equipment Market
20. Russia Video Equipment Market
21. North America Video Equipment Market
22. USA Video Equipment Market
23. South America Video Equipment Market
24. Brazil Video Equipment Market
25. Middle East Video Equipment Market
26. Africa Video Equipment Market
27. Video Equipment Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles 27.1. Video Equipment Market Competitive Landscape 27.2. Video Equipment Market Company Profiles 27.2.1. Bose Corporation 18.104.22.168. Overview 22.214.171.124. Products and Services 126.96.36.199. Strategy 188.8.131.52. Financial Performance 27.2.2. LG Electronics Inc 184.108.40.206. Overview 220.127.116.11. Products and Services 18.104.22.168. Strategy 22.214.171.124. Financial Performance 27.2.3. Panasonic Corporation 126.96.36.199. Overview 188.8.131.52. Products and Services 184.108.40.206. Strategy 220.127.116.11. Financial Performance 27.2.4. Sony Corporation 18.104.22.168. Overview 22.214.171.124. Products and Services 126.96.36.199. Strategy 188.8.131.52. Financial Performance 27.2.5. Samsung Electronics 184.108.40.206. Overview 220.127.116.11. Products and Services 18.104.22.168. Strategy 22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
29. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Video Equipment Market
29. Video Equipment Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis