NUREMBERG, Germany, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced it will demonstrate advanced industrial automation applications and technology based on its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoCs at SPS/IPC/DRIVES 2012 being held in Nuremberg, Germany, November 27-29, 2012.
Demonstrations in Xilinx's booth, H6-200, will highlight how its Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs provide developers with solutions to the extreme bandwidth, smart vision, ubiquitous computing and security/safety needs of next-generation industrial automation applications. Industrial automation experts from Xilinx and its Alliance Program members will be on hand to talk about Xilinx's extensive development and implementation infrastructure that includes industrial-specific platforms, IP cores and kits to build better systems, faster, with fewer chips.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform – This is a high-precision, low noise multi-motors electrical drive demonstration that shows a significant system performance improvement when compared to a conventional microprocessor or DSP implementation using the Xilinx® Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC. QDESYS, a Xilinx Alliance Program member, will demonstrate how its NETMOT IP cores on Xilinx SoCs enable a scalable, cost-effective motor control for multiple motors while maintaining flexibility through reprogrammability.
- Zynq-7000 SoM Embedded Processing Platform - The Zynq-7000 SoM (System on Module) embedded processing module from ITR demonstrates the capability and flexibility of Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs for rapid integration of industrial networking interfaces into an industrial automation subsystem.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC POWERLINK Evaluation Platform - This industrial networking demonstration showcases POWERLINK master running on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC taking advantage of an Open POWERLINK stack and Linux operating systems running on a feature-rich ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processor.
- IEC61508 Safety Control System and Isolation Design Flow - The Avnet Spartan®-6 FPGA Evaluation Kit hosts a safety-oriented motor control system based on two Xilinx MicroBlaze™ processors running in dual-core lockstepping mode that ensures safety system functionality.
- FPGA-based Synchronization and Redundancy Platform – An energy market application with a high availability seamless redundancy (HSR)-parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) switch from Xilinx Alliance Program member SOC-e implements high-availability, seamless redundancy and parallel redundancy protocols for reliable and redundant Ethernet communications based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA.
About Xilinx Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, MicroBlaze, Zynq, Vivado and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM, Cortex, and MPCore are trademarks of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Xilinx Christelle Moraga +44 1932 836 526 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.