SAN JOSE, Calif., March 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will highlight All Programmable solutions for OTN, SDN, and Ethernet in a wide array of technology demonstrations and presentations at OFC 2015. Throughout the show floor, Xilinx will showcase its industry-leading solutions enabling and interoperating with multiple wired communications and data center technology offerings from customers and partners. To learn more about solutions from Xilinx and its ecosystem, visit Xilinx at OFC Booth #729, March 24-26, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA.
Xilinx Presentations and Panel Participation
Monday, March 23 at 4:40 pm – 5 pm, Room 408B
Programmable Hardware in Software Defined Networking by Gordon Brebner, Distinguished Engineer at Xilinx
- This session will discuss the potentials and benefits of combined SDN, NFV and programmable hardware as the basis of an emerging framework for optical transport evolution for telecommunication and cloud service providers.
Tuesday, March 24 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Expo Theater II
Architecture and Logic Related Challenges for the Exploding World of Ethernet Speeds and Feeds by Mark Gustlin, Principal System Architect at Xilinx
- This presentation will discuss the challenges in the Ethernet roadmap as well as issues around error correction codes and how to deal with Ethernet at many speeds in a single device. The evolution of optical/electrical interfaces, how it impacts Ethernet and how programmable logic can help address these challenges will also be discussed.
Wednesday, March 25 at 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Expo Theater III # 2647
Test 400GE and 25GE Network Equipment Quickly, Efficiently, and Accurately—Pick any Three by Thananya Baldwin, Senior Director of Strategic Programs at Ixia and Gilles Garcia, Director of Wired Communication at Xilinx
- In this presentation, Xilinx® talks with Ixia about how they surmounted the many obstacles to efficient 400GE and 25GE testing by leveraging Xilinx's All Programmable devices to get the Ixia 400GE and 25GE tester families to market quickly.
Wednesday, March 25 at 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm, Expo Theater III #2647
Enable Your 500G/1T OTN Line Card Today with All Programmable FPGAs by David Yeh, OTN Product Marketing Manager at Xilinx
- Xilinx will discuss how programmable logic provides the partial reconfiguration capabilities, large number of high speed analog IOs and mix signal capabilities to build high density, scalable and flexible 500G/1T line cards today.
Thursday, March 26 at 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Room 410
Programmable Hardware for High Performance SDN by Gordon Brebner, Distinguished Engineer at Xilinx
- This presentation will discuss how the Field Programmable Gate Array offers a flexible bridge between emergent photonic technologies and next-generation data center servers, via programmable hardware.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #729
- High Density 100G OTN Switching Solution on a Single Virtex UltraScale FPGA
This demonstration showcases Xilinx's high-density OTN switching solution featuring the Xilinx® Virtex® UltraScale™ VU095 device supporting 2x100G OTN switching applications with an upgrade path to 4/5x100G OTN switching on a larger Virtex UltraScale VU190 device.
- Single Chip 400G Ethernet Solution Featuring the Virtex UltraScale FPGA
This end-to-end solution demonstration showcases the industry's first single-chip 400GE solution featuring the Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU095 device with pre-standard 400GE MAC and PCS IP connected to four sets of Sumitomo Electric CFP4 LR4 modules, connected to the JDSU ONT 400GE test solution with four sets of JDSU LR4 modules.
- Low Latency 4x25G Ethernet MAC Solution
This demonstration utilizes the Virtex UltraScale VCU107 board communicating over four channels of 25G Ethernet through three meters of direct attached copper cable with QSFP28 form factor to Ixia's Xcellon-Multis QSFP28 100/4x25GE load module. The Xilinx low latency 25G Ethernet MAC supports the 25G Ethernet Consortium specification and will support the future IEEE 25GE specification.
- Efficient CPRI over OTN Solution (OTU2r)
This pre-standard OTU2r (CPRI over OTN) demonstration shows how to maximize the efficiency of front haul links. The demo utilizes a JDSU tester to provide the CPRI signals which a Kintex®-7 FPGA then maps into an OTU2r container.
Xilinx Technology-enabled Demonstrations throughout the OFC Show floor:
Dini Group -- Booth #727
- Xilinx Alliance Member demonstrating TCP Offload Engine (TOE128) running on Kintex UltraScale FPGA on Dini Group's PCIe_40G_KU_LL platform for latency sensitive applications.
Ethernet Alliance -- Booth # 2531
- Demonstration showcases the Virtex UltraScale device with integrated 100G Ethernet MAC and the new 100G IEEE 802.3bj RS-FEC IP from Xilinx driving a Finisar CFP4 ER4f optical module to support a 40km optical link.
Ixia – Booth #2737
- Demonstration showcases the Virtex UltraScale FPGA communicating over four channels of 25G Ethernet through three meters of direct attached copper cable with QSFP28 form factor connected to the Ixia' Xcellon-Multis QSFP28 100/4x25GE load module.
- Demonstration features the Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU095 device connected to four sets of Finisar CFP4 LR4 modules, connected to the Ixia 400GE Jumpstart Test Solution with four sets of Finisar CFP4 LR4 modules. Additionally, the demonstration showcases interoperability between Ixia's and Xilinx's pre-standard 400GE MAC and PCS IP implementation across the 4x100G optical modules.
MoSys – Booth #734
- Xilinx Alliance Member demonstration highlights MoSys Bandwidth Engine 2 high-speed serial memory ICs interfacing with Xilinx UltraScale FPGAs.
Sumitomo – Booth #1625
- Demonstration showcases the Virtex UltraScale device with integrated 100G Ethernet MAC driving a Sumitomo LR4 optical module to support a 10km optical link.
TE Connectivity – Booth #1417
- Demonstration showcases the Virtex UltraScale device with integrated 100G Ethernet MAC and the new 100G IEEE 802.3bj RS-FEC IP from Xilinx driving a TE Connectivity QSFP28 SR4 optical module, featuring Coolbit optical engines, to support a 100m optical link.
Xelic – Booth #1466
- Xilinx Alliance Member demonstration features the new Xelic 100G Staircase EFEC core, compatible with the Cortina 100G staircase FEC and optimized for Xilinx UltraScale FPGAs.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
#1519 #AAB852 © Copyright 2014 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Xilinx Silvia E. Gianelli (408) 626-4328 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.