NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- XRC Labs, the first innovation accelerator for the next generation of disruptors in the retail and consumer goods sector, showcases eight mentorship-driven retail and consumer goods startups aiming to change the retail landscape during an inaugural demo day on January 14, 2016.
With founding sponsor support from Kurt Salmon Management Consulting and The New School's Parsons School of Design, XRC Labs launched in response to a widening gap between what consumers expect and the shopping experiences and products the retail and consumer goods industry currently provides. Over the course of 10 weeks, the accelerator has united entrepreneurs with investors and strategic mentorship from experts in the field, including Johanna Murphy, the global CMO of American fashion label rag & bone and Scott Lux, Digital Marketing at John Varvatos.
"We understand that early stage companies need two things: money and customers," says managing director Pano Anthos. "Our partnership delivers unparalleled customer reach in the world of accelerators. We are thrilled to be working with industry leaders who understand the value of innovation, and we can't wait to introduce our founders to such a vital ecosystem of retailers and consumer brands."
The XRC Labs demo day event, to be held at The New School's Tishman Hall on Fifth Avenue, will mix accredited investors with influencers from New York's fashion and retail industry. After founder presentations, the event will feature networking with leading brand sponsors (see full list below) and the full XRC Labs advisor/partner ecosystem.
Momentum continues for the founders and respective startups via a dedicated conference track: "The Need for Speed -- Accelerating Retail Today" at the National Retail Federation's annual convention and expo nicknamed "Retail's BIG Show" on Jan. 19.
"XRC Labs is an exciting opportunity to focus energy, investment and technology toward harnessing next generation opportunities to better serve the retail consumer," said Vicki Cantrell, Senior VP for Communities at NRF and the Executive Director of Shop.org.
More Details on XRC Labs Class of 2015
- CARAA -- High-end, fitness handbags for the active woman inside and outside the studio.
- Findmine -- Machine-learning cloud platform for omni-channel brands and retailers that dynamically "completes the look" around any product assortment.
- Forrge -- Building an on-demand, qualified workforce platform for retail.
- Gleem & Co. -- Online, two-sided, consignment marketplace that unlocks the $5 trillion market of purchased but not worn high-end jewelry and watches with a seamless, secure user experience.
- Natalia Allen -- Beautiful seamless and sustainable clothes designed for modern women.
- Ok My Outfit -- On-demand personal shopping and styling service that unlocks store inventory and delivers it to the busy, urban millennial woman.
- RFM -- Menswear brand that uses rigorous data science to design modern, enduring style that fits off-the-rack for tall, athletic men 6'0" and above.
- Urbacraft -- On demand 3D toy platform that combines the hackability of Minecraft with the physicality of Lego.
Full list of XRC Labs Sponsors
- The National Retail Federation
- Best Buy
- Michael Kors
- Penguin Random House
- The Retail Industry Leaders Association
About XRC Labs
XRC Labs is an innovation accelerator for the next generation of disruptors in the retail and consumer goods sectors. A joint venture between Founding Sponsor organizations Kurt Salmon and the Parsons School of Design at The New School, we are creating a first of its kind design-centric innovation ecosystem for the retail and consumer goods industries. Providing workspace on the campus of Parsons, access to capital, mentoring, and operational support to emerging companies in the retail and consumer goods industries, XRC Labs runs two 10-week programs each year bringing together entrepreneurs, investors, and sponsors to foster rapid innovation and unlock new opportunities in retail. Programs are hosted in Manhattan, the epicenter of retail and consumer goods, on the 5th Avenue campus of Parsons, a co-founder of XRC Labs and recently named the #1 art and design school in the US and #2 in the world.
SOURCE XRC Labs