CYPRESS, Calif., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., is pleased to announce that it has recently awarded 28 continuing education scholarships totaling $72,000 for children of Yamaha Motorsports dealers and their employees.
The Yamaha Motorsports Dealership Scholarship Program rewards students for excellence in academics, community involvement, leadership and writing and communication skills. Jake Coplen, from Rossville, Calif., is a great example of this year's class of Yamaha scholarship recipients.
"Jake is a very hard worker and really tried to give back to the community, including Placer Food Bank, in which he organized a street motorcycle ride that raised $2,000," said Sean Coplen of Roseville Yamaha regarding his son's recent Yamaha scholarship. "As a dealer, it really fills me with a huge sense of pride to be associated with a company that still takes these programs seriously, even during tough times. It makes me want to work even harder to make sure that Yamaha grows its leadership position in our area."
As part of the program, a committee of educators screens all applications. Eighteen students were awarded grants of $3,000 each while an additional 10 students received $1,800 this year. The program has contributed $342,000 in scholarships across the country since it launched in 2006.
"This is an excellent way for our company to support our dealerships and their families," said Bob Starr, General Manager of National Communications for Yamaha. "Many of our dealer partners run family businesses, and their children represent a significant part of the future growth and well being of the motorsports business."
The recipients of the annual $3,000 scholarship are as follows:
- Alyssa Bangs, Skagit Powersports, Burlington, Wash.
- Tanner Bauman, Delano Sports Center, Inc., Delano, Minn.
- Jordyn Bell, East Kentucky Powersports, Staffordsville, Ky.
- Eric Borgen, Outdoor Sports, Prescott Valley, Ariz.
- Jake Coplen, Roseville Yamaha, Roseville, Calif.
- Cameron DeMarsh, J&J Motors, Inc., Massillon, Ohio
- Christopher Denchel, Desert Valley Powersports, Prosser, Wash.
- Dana Fontanella, Connecticut Power & Sport, Wallingford, Conn.
- Tessa Leipheimer, Leipheimer Yamaha, Butte, Mont.
- Bonny Lownds, White Lake Nursery, Whitehall, Mich.
- Taylor Markle, Scott's Track N'Wheel, Glasgow, Mont.
- Oliver Orr, Hinshaw's Motorcycle Store, Auburn, Wash.
- Molly Picardi, Billerica Yamaha, North Billerica, Mass.
- Camden Rudisill, The Rider's Edge, Inc., Gettysburg, Pa.
- Wilson Rydalch, Rexburg Motorsports, LLC., Rexburg, Idaho
- Randi Staudinger, Fix Power Sports, Inc., Byron, Minn.
- Amanda Thomson, Caprara's Outdoor World of Pulaski, Pulaski, N.Y.
- Jordan Zeunges, Cumberland Cycles, Cumberland, Md.
The recipients of the $1,800 scholarship are as follows:
- Katrina Carpenter, Champlain Valley Equipment, Derby, Vt.
- Jessica Dunn, Central Texas Powersports, Georgetown, Texas
- Lindsey Galliher, Freedom Yamaha of Concord, Concord, N.H.
- Brian Gitlitz, New York Yamaha, Long Island City, N.Y.
- Heather Houghton, Snake River Yamaha, Meridian, Idaho
- Soni Kay, Star City Motor Sports, Inc., Lincoln, Neb.
- Audrey Peterson, Brooks Yamaha Inc., Manhattan, Kan.
- Kelsey Ridgeway, Cahills of North Tampa Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Andy Sweeney, Overturf Powersports, Springfield, Ill.
- Samantha Thomas, Kensington Motorsports, Inc., New Hudson, Mich.
Yamaha scholarships are available to children of Yamaha Motorsports dealers, children of dealership employees who have been with the dealership for at least two years and dealership employees who are younger than 21-years-old. Students must be enrolled or plan to enroll in school full-time to be considered for a scholarship.
About Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company's ever-expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.
Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
SOURCE Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.